Home

Help with Gameplay in General

This is a discussion on Help with Gameplay in General within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help with Gameplay in General

On All-American last year I was lighting up teams like Oklahoma with Tulsa 88-20. This year I play as Northwestern vs. Florida and get blown out by the CPU 56-15. Major things I need help with.

Is there a way to get better blocking up front, other than adjusting the sliders? There are at least two people in the backfield within a second every passing play, and I average probably 3 YPC due to the Opposing Line harassing my big men down low. And if I can't do it without sliders, have you guys found some realistic settings?

Also, Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get user picks? I've honestly never gotten one. Ever. I'm only good at snuffing out the ball carrier. Last year with Western Kentucky my Rush Defense was Number 3 in the Nation but my pass defense was 86th.

Thank you, very much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Help with Gameplay in General

So are you still wanting to blow people out? If so you're going to need to adjust the sliders to do that. This game plays well and pretty competitive out of the box. Three YPC with northwestern against Florida seems pretty reasonable. Florida has a VERY fast defense.

With user picks you just have to pick your spots. If it's anything but I lob I usually just swat. if it's a lob/touch pass where you can position yourself under it then hold down L2 and just jump and press triangle (or whatever button it is on the xbox if that's what you're playing on. Most of the time it will just swat it down but some of the times you can pick it off
Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

This just means the game is getting more realistic and you're going to need to recruit better for your team But really, theres not much more you can do besides learn some plays that work well, read defenses to see if they're in man or zone coverage, etc.

Also, for the user interceptions I myself usually just switch to the DB as soon as the ball is near the WR and press Y and hope he gets it, at least now since they took out rocket catching.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclmtnpoint
On All-American last year I was lighting up teams like Oklahoma with Tulsa 88-20. This year I play as Northwestern vs. Florida and get blown out by the CPU 56-15. Major things I need help with.

Is there a way to get better blocking up front, other than adjusting the sliders? There are at least two people in the backfield within a second every passing play, and I average probably 3 YPC due to the Opposing Line harassing my big men down low. And if I can't do it without sliders, have you guys found some realistic settings?

Also, Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get user picks? I've honestly never gotten one. Ever. I'm only good at snuffing out the ball carrier. Last year with Western Kentucky my Rush Defense was Number 3 in the Nation but my pass defense was 86th.

Thank you, very much.
Realistic settings? I haven't played the new game yet because I'm fishing in Alaska but 3 YPC with Northwestern vs Florida sounds pretty realistic to me.

Anyway if you don't have auto sprint on, maybe the run blocking is due to you not being a patient runner?
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 07-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah this year you really going to have to mix your plays up and play to the strength of your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Northwestern isn't generally a passing team without Mike Kafka.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »