Home

How did this get past the development cycle?

This is a discussion on How did this get past the development cycle? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #41
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How did this get past the development cycle?

Not only do i disagree with the OP's rant, with the exception of the PR/KR gripe, i find almost the complete OPPOSITE of everything he said is true. Weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #42
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

I have seen times when a LB is sitting right in the middle of the field, filling a gap and the quarterback runs right past him because he is sitting in a short zone. Sometimes he reacts soon enough to turn around and grab him as he goes by, but I've had a touchdown or two scored on me this way, especially online where people are more adept at running with the QB than the CPU.

Last edited by blazer003; 07-16-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #43

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I think he's onto something with #3 actually. I think it may have to do with the patch. It seems they did something to make the QB a more effective runner. After playing since Tuesday, I only downloaded the patch this morning and it was one of the first things I noticed.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #44
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Have not seen any of these problems except for the Punt return thing. I have had some difficulty getting good returns but that is changing. I must say it is a matter of changing your skill set on punt returns.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #45
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

I always drop a man back from the line to act as an extra blocker. Works well enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 02:15 AM   #46
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Yeah..lol..they play on Heisman or All MAdden, then complain that the game is too hard lol..makes no sense.

Some people have this pride thing about not playing on lower difficulties, that suits their skills
That is exactly what it is. I see it every year when sports games come out. 1st week of release I always see at least 50 threads about Heisman, All-madden or HOF mode being too hard, I can't do this, can't do that, this game is broken because I CAN'T DOMINATE.

People have a serious inferiority complex when it comes to sports games. If they can't win on the hardest difficulty they feel they will get kicked out of the cool club or something.

It is like they are afraid to accept the fact that maybe, just maybe their skills aren't ready for that level yet. Not like the hardest difficulty has ever been the realest or most "sim" level of a sports game anyway.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:35 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Joe
I'm playing a dynasty with OU on Heisman with my pass coverage slider at 100. I'll drop all of my linemen into pass coverage and it still doesn't work.
I haven't noticed this problem.

With all due respect, perhaps you should not be playing on Heisman. Defensively, at least.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #48
Rookie

Chrisleakfan4life's Arena

OVR: 2

I have been able to hold some teams under 300 yards passing but Kellen Moore killed me and almost made a comeback(I was Florida, up 28-7 in the fourth quarter, all american, i won 28-21 after Jelani Jenkis picked off Kellen Moore in the endzone on 4th and goal with about 50 seconds left in the game).

I went on the road and killed TCU 63-20 and beat Washington State 56-13 but Boise nearly pulled the upset but i pulled it out 28-21.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »