Home

How did this get past the development cycle?

This is a discussion on How did this get past the development cycle? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How did this get past the development cycle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
With all due respect, perhaps you should not be playing on Heisman. Defensively, at least.
Bang on.

Possible solutions.
1) Drop the difficulty.
2) Play with the sliders.
3) Practice.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 34

And if you do insist on still playing on Heisman, you must develop discipline, because the CPU will run up in you with a broomstick if you make a mistake.

You dont see a open reciever, either scramble and get what you can, or get outside the box and throw the ball away.

On D, better good at usering.

You can beat the CPU and if you play with smarts, and blow em out if the matchups favor you...but ifyou are using a B rated team, and you take them on the road vs Ohio State...expect a very difficult game.

I played ND vs. Stanford at home, and won the game 38-18. I then played ND on the road, at Ohio State, and the game got away from me FAST..I was down 24-0 in the qst quarter.

You arent going to exploit a superior team on Heisman, it just aint gonna happen..and if you dont watch yourself, you'll get upset by a lower rated team also.

Does Heisman cheat? Yup..but I also think it doesnt allow you to take a team like I dunno..BYU for example, and routinely upset the big boys, unless you play really well, and get some breaks..which is just how it should be.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 07-17-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
I have also never seen the defensive line tip a single pass yet. So it's not really a rampant issue.
I've had it happen 1-3 times per game. I'm not complaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #52
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Funny thing is if I had to go one way with the pass defense I'd say the devs tweaked it to be too good (and I'm talking about human D, not the CPU). When I play Cover 2 man or something similar with UConn I tend to have very good results. QB's will still have decent games (ND's QB was 18-29 for 250ish) but I don't see any Robo-QB behavior or stats.

I'm still on default AA btw.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #53
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

One thing I've noticed in this game is that when you control a defensive lineman, you tend to get a better push up front than if you let the CPU do it and control a player elsewhere. Playing as Purdue, Ryan Kerrigan is one of my impact guys. I control him and edge rush and many times against passing teams end up drawing a double team. This leaves the rest of my line 1 on 1 if I rush only 4. If I blitz, I may get pressure depending on the pass protection. Getting pressure on the QB has helped a ton. The first game I played Zach Frazier from UConn torched me because I played it like it was still NCAA '09. I tried to blitz too much and didn't pay enough attention to my coverage and he got me for 300 yards and a few TDs. A few of the big plays I gave up were actually my own fault for going for the INT and taking myself out of position. Since that first game I've tweaked the sliders ever so slightly and have been getting some fairly decent passing numbers. Just played Purdue vs. Indiana and held IU to under 100 passing yards simply by mixing up coverage, throwing in a blitz or two, and being able to generate a bit of pass pressure on obvious passing downs.

I'm sure if I played a real team as Purdue, I would probably find it more difficult to shut down the passing game.

As for the punt/kick things, I have managed to return a kickoff for TD as a guy from SMU who is one of the default return men. He had pretty pedestrian speed/agility/acceleration ratings too, each hovering in the high 80s and low 90s. As far as punts go, you can up the CPU punt power up a little bit to give you more room, or you can just pick punt block and do it that way. Upping the CPU punt power is probably more realistic. It's not every game someone has a punt return and the guys who have multiple return TDs in a season are usually the fastest and more elusive of the bunch.

Haven't noticed too much of a problem with my guys just flat out not going for someone. I have been guilty of overpursuit on a blitz which allowed a ball carrier to pick up a first down even though they had called a run play right into my blitz. Instead of filling the hole, I went for a huge tackle for loss play and ran past the play.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #54
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

OP practice is your friend i spent bout three hours last night practicing punt returns, kick returns and passing. i learned alot bout my game and tendancies . on punts first you have to bump the punter power slider, it gives you more room. and the primary reason most don't get good results is the gunners get off very quickly so by time you get the ball they are in position to tackle. you'll have to learn to make a quick move first to avoid first gunner then its all stick skills after that you team will build a wall for you but you gotta get there first. the same goes with ko return you can't push the outside guy anymore the way the game is modeled for kickoffs the outside guys usually are the fastest so they will get down there first so you second line blocker need to be good blocker you may have to change that up to get better results.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #55
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

as far as getting past the development cycle i think the playaction this is kinda weird , it doesn't kick in all the time and based on the demo i think the thought it was just for the oklahoma playbook so they fixed that particular play, but the bug is a random. during practice last night i ran at least 15 playaction passes and never once did i see it.

When you look at the bug thread most of it is the same thing over and over so all though there are like 30 or more pages its all the same issues over and over again. to me i think they did a good job and if these are the only issues great. i think tuners will help with the db coverage, fumbles, cpu running toward the middle and cpu blitzing. patches will take care of the PA glitch, blurr camera, loss of possession of missed field goals and punts out of bounds, punters and lineman lining up wrong.

i thing the community response has helped single out these issue along with ones we may not see as often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #56
Rookie

I used to play on Heisman but it was way too frustrating and I had the same problems you are discussing (except for the punt and kick returns) so I went with All-American and used the SN sliders. Now games are close when they should be and stats are fair unless I'm playing against a 90+ QB then they tear me up like they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »