Home

Consecutive hit tackles and catch animation speed bursts are a problem

This is a discussion on Consecutive hit tackles and catch animation speed bursts are a problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Consecutive hit tackles and catch animation speed bursts are a problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72oJr-bztGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFqf2FnWEXU

The first one is about consecutive hit tackles and the second one is about catch animation speed bursts. Both are problems that need fixing. I'm still enjoying the game thoroughly, I'm in an online dynasty right now and enjoying every minute of it. I make these videos not to bash, but to point out flaws for fixing in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Consecutive hit tackles and catch animation speed bursts are a problem

Good post. I agree both need to be fixed. I have only seen two times where my guy warped to the ball, but I see the lack of consecutive tackles all the time. I had one play where I did a full back dive. The mlb stood me up and I swear I counted 10 guys that fell down around me. Well I powered out of the tackle and took it 60 yards for the TD. If they can't model consecutive hits then they need them to remain standing for the possibility of making the next tackle.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegut
Good post. I agree both need to be fixed. I have only seen two times where my guy warped to the ball, but I see the lack of consecutive tackles all the time. I had one play where I did a full back dive. The mlb stood me up and I swear I counted 10 guys that fell down around me. Well I powered out of the tackle and took it 60 yards for the TD. If they can't model consecutive hits then they need them to remain standing for the possibility of making the next tackle.
Yeah they both are notable problems. Like I said in my speed burst video, I have NEVER seen a speed burst that dramatic in NCAA Football 11, but the fact that I've seen it once means it can happen. Also, the speed burst sometimes helps to eliminate or make other problems less noticable. For example, because of the catching animation speed burst, sometimes WRs can cut in front of defenders and make Man Coverage mirroring less cheap. But no doubt its still a problem
Old 07-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow, that pick was ridiculous. However, I dont mind this because LB's drop over half the picks thrown to them anyway. Makes up for it a little bit.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Consecutive hits is a huge problem with this game. Other then glitches that I hope are going to be fixed in a patch, this, along with a playable broadcast camera, are the two things that would make this game a 10. Those two reasons are why I still play 2k4 and 2k5 alot. This is a very good game, but it has to have this before I would consider it a great game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Wow, that pick was ridiculous. However, I dont mind this because LB's drop over half the picks thrown to them anyway. Makes up for it a little bit.
Yeah but even so, that speed burst was insane
Old 07-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Consecutive hits is a huge problem with this game. Other then glitches that I hope are going to be fixed in a patch, this, along with a playable broadcast camera, are the two things that would make this game a 10. Those two reasons are why I still play 2k4 and 2k5 alot. This is a very good game, but it has to have this before I would consider it a great game.

I agree...Id never rate EAs football games 9+ without them having consecutive hit tackles.......Like you said this years game is a good game but its not great...IMO

Im not going to give them extra points for being a lot better then last years game....which it is.....I compare it to where I think a NG football sim should be by now

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

It should be fixed but that return isn't impossible...

:52 second mark. I miss Maclin

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »