Home

The Secret to the Auto-Sprint Feature

This is a discussion on The Secret to the Auto-Sprint Feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The Secret to the Auto-Sprint Feature

At the risk of sounding like a complete fool, how to I enable auto-sprint?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

By default, auto sprint is already on
Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Well, I do know from way back in the day, I learned to play shooting games with my middle finger on the triggers, index finger on the buttons, and thumb on the joystick.

But for auto-sprint, I'm finding it worthless. I'm still using it to help me break the RT habit, but the couple games I played with it off were much better.
yea i use my middle finger for the trigger as well. My index finger is for either L1 or R1 and sometimes the buttons if i need my thumb for the joystick.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #20
Rookie

brentech's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
At the risk of sounding like a complete fool, how to I enable auto-sprint?
It's in the

Settings -> "Game Controls" menu. By default, it should be on. Unless you turned it off in the demo.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #21
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

For awhile I kept holding down the RT/R2 button anyway... so I tried just moving my finger and resting it on RB/R1... that way instead of sprinting I protect the ball when I go to hit the hole. It works nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #22
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I would rather hold the RS up and just duck under the tackle. That is if I had an agile back. Power backs would just truck the guy.

But if you got an agile back and running up the middle, just hold up on the RS, he will duck under the tackles of any DL men or the 1st LB that tries to tackle him.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

Boy you guys who only run for 1 or 200 yards must really not be very good if you are talking against the computer. They have made running so easy this year that I amassed 475 rushing yards against Alabama with the Air Force option on Heisman. I don't use turbo, spin, OR juke. People this year are apparently terrible at running the ball. Learn how to play before complaining.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #24
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentech
I actually really like auto-sprint - though I'm already used to it due to the NHL series.

When it comes to ball carrying, particularly running backs, I've found that holding RB/R1 to cover up the ball as soon as you get slows you down enough and allows that fraction of time to occur for your blockers to open up a hole if they're able to do so (also gives obvious protection in case a defender shoots through for a big hit).

Hitting the hole too fast is a problem in the real world, as some backs just don't have that sense of timing. There's a place and time for gunning it as soon as you get it, but when going up the middle in particular, I've almost always found it better to cover-up until you know you have a slight hole to break through.

Auto-strafe on the other hand I thought would be cool, but is implemented bad as it holds you in that animation a lot of times, particularly if trying to cover a RB on an out pass and causes you to be too out of position, so I still do that manually.
Well said. As a Seahawks fan, I got tired of seeing Shaun Alexander sprint into a blocker and get stuffed for no gain.

I also like auto-sprint, but for a different reason. I play the QB position in RTG, and as a scrambler/option QB, it's very effective in that the DE doesn't get glued to your moves until you're outside the pocket. Then, the sprint comes on and you can turn the corner upfield for a nice gain. Last year, if you held the RT and sprinted from the time of the snap, the DE and maybe an OLB, would be like homing missles.

And you're right about covering up the ball. The only problem is that it's hard to hold "x" AND use the RS for a move. That takes an index finger move and you have to set the controller on a table or something!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »