Home

Offseason Training - How to improve?

This is a discussion on Offseason Training - How to improve? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Offseason Training - How to improve?

Could the teams facilities, that you are able to pitch to recruits, effect progression in in the offseason?
Old 07-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
With most recruits coming in lower, having them only gain 3 or 4 overall every year makes it so no 3 or 4 stars ever become a superstar like they do in real life. I've yet to see that one guy make a big jump that happens enough in real life to make it game worthy.
In last year's game, I had recruits make jumps of a dozen or so points in one offseason, to go from the low 60s to the low to mid 70s. I havent played or simmed a whole season yet to see anything in this years game.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
In last year's game, I had recruits make jumps of a dozen or so points in one offseason, to go from the low 60s to the low to mid 70s. I havent played or simmed a whole season yet to see anything in this years game.
Yeah, that definitely happened last year, but they changed progression for this year's game. You won't see those huge jumps anymore, and it helps keep the overall talent levels lower, instead of there being dozens of 99 rated players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

It seems like they've nerfed player progression a little too hard though. I think EA can find a better balance than this.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
wow, I hope that isn't true. That doesn't make any sense at all. If that were the case in real life, smaller schools would NEVER be able to put out any NFL talent because none of their guys would be worth anything by the time they graduated.

And btw, I've seen other people post this issue as well, and eventually it results in a major downward shift in the overall talent for all of the teams. It is going to need to be fixed somehow.

http://boards.ign.com/ncaa_football_...3961974/p1/?49

from another message board, by the 2016 season, there are no A+, A, or A- overall teams left, and only 4 B+ teams.
I checked that link out. I recommend it to others. The downward shift is very prominent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »