Home

All of the players are over 9 feet

This is a discussion on All of the players are over 9 feet within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
I also noticed the size of the players was off

One of the first things I noticed when playing the game was that the players seemed too big. I also think they appear to be too thin. It is as if they were all stretched out like one might do to a piece of taffy. The players appeared just right in the demo. Now the Oregon Ducks players look like Gumby, darn it!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #18
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: All of the players are over 9 feet

I haven't checked to confirm this, even though this has been true in the past in Madden, but if it is true then it is a very very big deal. I don't know how some of you can say it is not a big deal. The proportion of the player to the field is, in essence, the very basic fundamental of football. This affects almost everything in the game. I've had thoughts about what I would do if I could design a game and the very first thing I start with is getting the players size and field length to the right proportion(Yeah, I've actually thought about what I would do if I could design a football game).

Back on topic though, this affects everything. If a player is too tall, then his strides would be too long which would make EA have to slow down his speed to run a real 40 time. If a player is too tall, then the spacing on the field would be all off ie the defense would only have to cover a smaller area of the field because the bodies are taking up more field space than they would in real life or the receiver would have less time to get open because the spacing on the field allows for smaller passing windows. Defensive lineman would get to the QB quicker because they can cover more inches per step than in real life. If the defensive player is too tall he can unrealistically knock down passes that were intended to hit receivers 10 -15 yds behind him( sounds familiar?). I could go on and on with this. This affects every aspect of the game if it is true. Like I said, I haven't checked it, but if it is true, it could be the reason why NCAA and Madden feel so unrealistic at times.

I don't know why some of you are just writing this off as useless or being picky. This is as important as defenders being able to tackle a ball carrier. It's a basic fundamental of the game.....programming wise. If the size is off, it affects every aspect of gameplay.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #19
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I know people think of this as more a baseball issue or basketball. It applies to football just as much. These type of threads and problems have been in other sports games. The first thing I thought was well heres cheers to the 07 muscle tech players and they are kind of large.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 07-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #20
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

In the replays the player to field ratio is different, esp. if you use the focus control on the D-Pad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »