Home

Recruiting Strats

This is a discussion on Recruiting Strats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Recruiting Strats

I'm curious to see all the different recruiting styles of people on the boards....do you try and go for all 5 stars or just keep it with the players who are interested? Myself, I try and stay mostly with players who already have interest and add maybe 3-5 "wishes", I also try and schedule the campus visits towards the end of the season for a last second reel in effort for the guys that are borderline....what about you guys? I'm in a dynasty with Notre Dame by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Recruiting Strats

I play with Arkansas and I usually just go after guys that are interested. I get guys in on a campus visit ASAP and it usually works to my favor. After the first season i had the number 28 recruiting class in the nation.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
Banned

I usually go to the ESPN 150 and add all the players with interest. Then I look to see my team needs and go back through my recruiting board and weed out players. For instance, I'm Auburn, so I would go back through and if their is a recruit from like Cal. with USC and UCLA in their top 5 and me like 9th I would take them off. That usually leaves me with about 16-18 recruits. After that I just go to my pipeline states and add players with interest at positions I need.

I never recruit anyone that doesn't have me in their top 10 at the beginning. It's a waste of time you could use on another, interested recruit.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Rookie

for the first couple weeks do you spend time asking all the recruits what they think about all the pitches or do you go right into comparing the pitches against the other schools?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

I am using my Ohio State Buckeyes,and I usually go after the top guys at every position.It works good too.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »