Home

Offseason Training - How to improve?

This is a discussion on Offseason Training - How to improve? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Offseason Training - How to improve?

Does anyone have any tips on how to get my players to improve more in the offseason? I just simmed (did recruiting only) for a season with Michigan, and my training results were all very mediocre. Most players saw moderate improvement (+3 or so OVR rating), a few saw minimal improvement, and none did any better. I think my most improved player had a +4 or +5.

Is this even a factor you can influence, or is it just up to the game's random number generator? It seems like my team will stagnate if this continues. For example, my 4-star recruits have ratings in the low 70s. If they don't redshirt, the highest they will get at this rate will be in the low 80s.

Or is that about the expectation for a typical 4-star? It seems to me that it would take a team loaded with 5-star talent to reach an A or A+ overall team rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Offseason Training - How to improve?

I think their off-season training is at least partially based on their performance in season.

Moreover, 5-star recruits can start as good as 85ish, if not slightly better. This means that if he gets +4 three times, he'll be 97ish going into his senior season.

Given that on the default rosters, there are zero 99s and only one 98, this seems about right.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #3
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

I read a progression blog awhile back (not sure if it was for 10 or 11) but they said among many things, your teams prestige is the biggest factor when determining progression. So the best thing you can do is keep winning games.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

OK, so that does seem pretty reasonable. I guess I should just try to win as much as possible and the rest will take care of itself.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

A +3 improvement is about average from what I've seen, with +4 and +5 being good and very good, I'm not sure if there is a +6 as I've never seen it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I might be the only person who says this, but I wish they had the inflated progression. Just have it on a tier system. Freshman improve the most on average, followed by sophomores, then juniors. With most recruits coming in lower, having them only gain 3 or 4 overall every year makes it so no 3 or 4 stars ever become a superstar like they do in real life. I've yet to see that one guy make a big jump that happens enough in real life to make it game worthy.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
I read a progression blog awhile back (not sure if it was for 10 or 11) but they said among many things, your teams prestige is the biggest factor when determining progression. So the best thing you can do is keep winning games.
wow, I hope that isn't true. That doesn't make any sense at all. If that were the case in real life, smaller schools would NEVER be able to put out any NFL talent because none of their guys would be worth anything by the time they graduated.

And btw, I've seen other people post this issue as well, and eventually it results in a major downward shift in the overall talent for all of the teams. It is going to need to be fixed somehow.

http://boards.ign.com/ncaa_football_...3961974/p1/?49

from another message board, by the 2016 season, there are no A+, A, or A- overall teams left, and only 4 B+ teams.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
wow, I hope that isn't true. That doesn't make any sense at all. If that were the case in real life, smaller schools would NEVER be able to put out any NFL talent because none of their guys would be worth anything by the time they graduated.

And btw, I've seen other people post this issue as well, and eventually it results in a major downward shift in the overall talent for all of the teams. It is going to need to be fixed somehow.

http://boards.ign.com/ncaa_football_...3961974/p1/?49

from another message board, by the 2016 season, there are no A+, A, or A- overall teams left, and only 4 B+ teams.
good! "A" teams should be rare.
B+ mean true contender and anything higher it means a team a chance to be one of the best ever IMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »