Home

Option Serious Problems

This is a discussion on Option Serious Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Option Serious Problems

I have played several games against Oregon and Georgia Tech. The CPU running the option is a disaster at least on All American. Problems:

1. GT averages about 3 fumbles a game. The CPU once in a while seems to miss the pitch. One game I had 2 fumble recovery TD's.
2. There is a glitch where the QB runs in place when it is in the pocket, leading to a sack.
3. It is too easy to hold the CPU to negative yards on 1st down leading to a 2nd and long and 3rd long with a poor throwing QB.

Anyone have any possible fixes? I think it needs to be patched ASAP but some things that I have done to help..
1. Lowered run defense User to 15
2. Increased CPU run block to 80 and running back ability to 75

Helps a bit but still not smooth....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Rookie

EdgeCrusher's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Option Serious Problems

Yes, the QB AI logic in an option offense is more or less broke. Hopefully fixed with a tuner set from EA.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...post2041339214

C'mon man, did you even look to see if this has already been posted? This was a little more than halfway down the page.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3

I went to Heisman and watch Army play Navy and the option worked like it should.Navy's QB had 136 yards on 18 carries,and Army's QB had 88 yards on 26 carries in 8 minute quarters with Speed Threshold at 35,Run Ability at 50,Run Blocking at 100,Rush Defense at 20,and Tackling at 40.Watched lots of other games with none option teams and the Rushing yards look realistic.Also having Auto Subs at 79 in and 85 out works best for RB,WR,DE,and DL.Again these are just for CPU vs CPU games and you only have to set the CPU slider as it's for both teams.My slider settings will be posted under Realistic CPU vs CPU Heisman Sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »