Home

NCAA11 Off-Line Dynasty Progress

This is a discussion on NCAA11 Off-Line Dynasty Progress within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA11 Off-Line Dynasty Progress

I've made it to the acc championship game with VT and I have to play FSU I'm ranked #2 and with this win I will be playing Alabama for the national championship because I'm sure they're gonna win the Sec.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #26
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Playing with BC.

All American Difficulty for game play (7 min quarters) and recruiting.

I have two recruits signed thus far in season, one three star OLB and one two star FB (didn't want him to sign really and may cut him, he was a 3rd option at FB).

I have beat FCS Northeast, Kent State, NC State, FSU and Maryland. I lost 0 - 39 against VT, and 21 - 35 against Notre Dame. I could have tied up the ND game with about a minute left but my second string RB fumbled on the half yard line and the ball bounced around to the outside and some defensive player recovered it and took it for 6... yeah. That sucked lol.

Anyway I'm having a ton of fun. I have Clemson next and I'm petrified of that game. Even though I get them at home they are 7 - 0. I need to win this game though to have ANY shot at making a conference championship in year one. I need to win here, win out and hope Clemson loses one more... fat chance, but you never know. I have a thread up asking for help against Clemson if anyone is interested.

I can't remember the last time I had so much fun in offline dynasty. And I've played this game since 07. I know there are many more of you who have played much longer, but the experience overall for me is just so awesome this year. I have an extremely hard time putting this game down each evening I play. Crazy.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #27
Rookie

Started with UCF.

Went 9-4 in my first season and won a bowl game. Lost in the C-USA championship game though.

Year 2 I had a pretty solid team. I used Brynn Harvey and Jonathan Davis to just pound it out on the ground and I played some good defense because of a solid LB group and secondary. When I did pass I tossed it to Quincy McDuffie who really progressed into a good WR. Finished 12-1 ranked #17. Had a huge win over FSU who was ranked #5 and I won the C-USA.

After the season LSU offered me a contract so I left. I was losing ALL of my good players at UCF anyway.

5-0 do far with LSU. Had some CLOSE games though. 14-13 over Fresno State, 16-13 over UF in OT. Michael Ford is carrying the offense on his back. My passing game blows but my running game and defense win me games.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #28
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Hey JBH, whats going on?

Currently 5-1 with Penn State, only loss coming from Alabama (34-3 eeck) but I had a big 15-9 win over Iowa thats kept my season afloat so far.

Unfortunately, I've lost both my starting QB Kevin Newsome and my amazing starting RB Evan Royster to season-ending injuries. Royster was leading the NCAA in rushing through 4 weeks before he went down. I really miss him, but backup Stephfon Green has been really really nice, rushing for over 200+yards twice so far in Royster's abscense.

Backup QB Matt McGloin has actually been playing better than Newsome - in fact, he actually throws harder with the same accuracy, but rather just simply is not as mobile as Newsome nor has the same awareness Newsome does. Solid player though.

I play Minnesota (3-4) coming up next, hopefully I can get an easy victory.

Around the league:

Alabama lost to Ole Miss this past week so now they're ranked #11. Tennessee (:O) is ranked #2 behind Ohio State who is now the new number 1. Boise is right behind at #3.

Ingram got knocked out of the Heisman race for now, as Case Keenum and Taylor Potts have been battling it out. Should be intresting to see who wins it.

My recruits are ok, I've kept the difficulty on varsity just to get used to it, and so far I have one 4-star DT and a 4-star OLB. Need to fill some holes at Safety and MLB though.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #29
Rookie

Using Playmakers Varsity's Sliders, and I am using Florida State and I am in Year 1 of my dynasty. I am using AA for recruiting. So far, I have gotten two recruits so far, a 4 star OLB and a 4 star TE.

I am 2-0 in my dynasty, I played Florida Atlantic in Week 1(I was supposed to play FCS, but I hate those teams), and then somehow beat Oklahoma in Oklahoma. The game was back and forth for much of the battle, but a huge fumble on their part let me take the lead and solidify the win 35-26. It was 35-20 and they went for two after the score and missed.

Week 3 is against BYU.
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Old 07-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #30
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernond
I'm playing with Florida State and am currently 4-1 in my first season. I'm number 20 in the polls right now. Getting ready to play Miami who is at number 14. I lost to Oklahoma in week 2 23-14. They dominated me in the first half then I hit a couple big plays but couldn't make it all the way back. It's been very fun so far.

My starting rb was injured and lost for the season which then turned it over to my 2nd string who was not doing well at all and then he was injured and it was the best thing that could've happened to me. My 3rd stringer came in and is torching defenses, going for over 140 yds last game. He's the new number 1.

I'm loving the recruiting, I'm on the verge of landing the number 1 ovr rb and number 2 qb. Those are the only two 5 stars I'm going to get, if I do get them. Everyone else are 4's. Hopefully I can take Miami down and move on down the road to the acc title.
I ended up beating Miami in Miami 21-12. Ponder lit the D up throwing for 301 yds and 3 td's. There was some suspect playcalling though. Miami chose to punt with 2 minutes to go in the 4th being down by 9. Didn't make any sense. I moved up to 17 in the top 25.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #31
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgameronny
Using Playmakers Varsity's Sliders, and I am using Florida State and I am in Year 1 of my dynasty. I am using AA for recruiting. So far, I have gotten two recruits so far, a 4 star OLB and a 4 star TE.

I am 2-0 in my dynasty, I played Florida Atlantic in Week 1(I was supposed to play FCS, but I hate those teams), and then somehow beat Oklahoma in Oklahoma. The game was back and forth for much of the battle, but a huge fumble on their part let me take the lead and solidify the win 35-26. It was 35-20 and they went for two after the score and missed.

Week 3 is against BYU.
Congrats on beating OU, I couldn't do it. You should have a walk in the park with BYU if you took care of OU. I had no problems with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #32
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I am currently in year 3 of my OSU dynasty.

Year One: Perfect undefeated season capped off by a national championship win vs. Alabama. I had recruiting difficulty at All American and forgot to offer my top prospects in week one (i didnt see where the button was). Terrible recruting class for OSU standards (#42), luckily I had 4 players who were some pretty nice surprises. Pryor and Posey left early which should have killed my offense the next year.

Year Two: Joe Bauserman takes over and somehow leads the Buckeyes to a 10-2 record (losses @PSU and @Purdue). Won a close game against Michigan to close the year out. Crushed Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Flood of departures but my recruiting was superb (#6 class) and I almost recovered from the previous weak class.

Year Three: Currently in week 10 (@Northwestern). My early schedule was a flop (Cinci and ND failed to live up to anywhere near their potential) and my defense is amazing. John Simon (DT#54) is an unstoppable force, and I can't believe I got him back. Only one close game so far, (21-7 win over PSU). The offense statistically is great but I've beneffitted from a lot of plays by my defense. As of right now, it looks like I am on pace for a top 3 class.

I cannot figure out ND in this game. The talent on that roster is immense, as good as anybody in the country. They recruit among the best but they are a 6-6 team year in and year out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »