Home

The Biggest Flaw with Recruiting

This is a discussion on The Biggest Flaw with Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 03:09 AM   #1
MattUMD224

OVR:
The Biggest Flaw with Recruiting

Is players speeds when coming into the game. Its like importing NCAA into Madden when plyers speeds drop. Out of the Top 10 RB Recruits not one had over 85 Speed or over 90 in Acceleration.

Hopefully this can be patched cause if not its going to be like watch slow little leaguers play.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Biggest Flaw with Recruiting

Let's see how they progress from there before we jump to any conclusions.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Let's see how they progress from there before we jump to any conclusions.
Honestly, freshman should not improve their speed and acceleration by much once they get to college. Sure, their speed or acceleration can improve some (3-4 points maybe) but what you get initially is likely what they will be once they are seniors. Other things like awareness, carrying, catching, strength, juking, and so on is really what should progress and cause ratings to go higher....the other skill ratings get higher...not speed and acceleration.

For example, Mark Ingram wont be getting any faster from Soph to Senior season. He shouldn't on the game either.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-18-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:55 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

What were their 40 times?
If some of the dudes ran a 4.30 and has 85 speed that's a problem, but if he ran a 4.45 than it's fair. Maybe it was just a slow class.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Must have been a slow class. Just had a freshman #3 overall RB come in with a 94 speed and 90 acceleration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Honestly, freshman should not improve their speed and acceleration by much once they get to college. Sure, their speed or acceleration can improve some (3-4 points maybe) but what you get initially is likely what they will be once they are seniors. Other things like awareness, carrying, catching, strength, juking, and so on is really what should progress and cause ratings to go higher....the other skill ratings get higher...not speed and acceleration.

For example, Mark Ingram wont be getting any faster from Soph to Senior season. He shouldn't on the game either.
If players do not get faster during their time in college, the strength coach needs fired. Tracking player progression in the "measurables" is something that every college team does, and speaking from experience, if players do not improve those measurables, the S and C coach is going to not only get the blame, but he's also going to get a pink slip. Were you faster when you were 18 or when you were 12? Men continue to grow and mature into their twenties, hell, if they just stay in shape, their bound to get faster just do to normal maturation. College players do get faster during their time in college, I've seen it on a player to player basis, and while I am not a Strength coach, I know its because of the work they do in the off-season.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

The first year in my dynasty there were three running backs with 94 or 95 speed, no problem here. Like people have said you just got unlucky with a slow class
Old 07-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

I think acceleration is the biggest issue.

In years past I've always monitored how the recruits acceleration and where it's at through all 4-5 years in the game. Acceleration has always been my favorite stat for RB's, because I like the ones that got to top speed the best.

Last year there was something like 75-85 RB's o the default roster that had 90+ accceleration, regardless of how high/low their speed was. 5 years later and a complete turnaround of players, there was only something like 35-45 RB's with 90+ acceleration. It was a significant dropoff and really made me frustrated.

I wish the ratings were contingent on the default roster so it would at least be consistent, and you'd have a ballpark figure of the same amount of players that have roughly the same range of the important attributes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »