Home

What is the best 1 star school for a dynasty

This is a discussion on What is the best 1 star school for a dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #33
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What is the best 1 star school for a dynasty

Started a dynasty with MTSU. Lost the first game 24-14 to Minnesota. It was 0-0 after the first quarter and almost to half-time. Should have been at least 24-17, but I shanked a field goal. I was going through some of the teams that I hadn't checked out before and liked the uniforms and stadium, go into dynasty, and saw that they are a 1* team. Actually found quite a few 2* recruits that had me at the top of their board, signed a WR that is 6-5 with B+ for speed.

It's going to be a challenge, but I'm glad I found this team. Glad they aren't a Texas or Cali team.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5

I plan to use SJST, I like their colors and Cal is a state full of talent, so there will be decent scraps to pick up.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
No, but Indiana is 2 stars, and Baylor is 2 stars, too. I'm sure there are more, but I just remember those two off my head.
Baylor, Duke, Indiana, Iowa State, Vanderbilt and Washington State

As far as one stars, the entire Sun Belt is 1 star except Troy, so you've got a good chance to do well in-conference, and that means bowl games which helps toward program prestige and tradition, tv exposure, etc. Plus, they're in the best recruiting area: the south. FAU, FIU in Florida, NT in North Texas. Troy is in Alabama, ULM/ULL in Louisiana, etc. Most of the Sun Belt teams start with Texas, Florida, or both as pipeline states.

Middle Tennessee State is the highest rated 1-star, with 75 overall, 78 offense, and 77 defense.

It would be interesting to play a dynasty with custom conferences swapping Tulane or UAB with Troy, so that the entire Sun Belt stars as 1-star. Like as a 9-person online dynasty or something. Tulane and UAB are both in Sun Belt states, they're both in C-USA, which Troy could still do okay in, and you'd have a 9-team dynasty with 9 1-star teams. Very interest proposition indeed.

Last edited by Pogo27; 07-18-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm getting my butt kicked on a regular basis with FIU but enjoying it anyway (3-9 in year one, giving up 40 points per game). Terrible defense, but a couple of good skill guys on offense, especially WR/kick returner T.Y. Hilton.

Having the Florida pipeline is nice for recruiting, but you're still trying to pick up scraps from the 'Canes, 'Noles and Gators with little to offer except "proximity to home." Gonna take a while to turn this team around (assuming I don't get fired).
Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibble
I'm getting my butt kicked on a regular basis with FIU but enjoying it anyway (3-9 in year one, giving up 40 points per game). Terrible defense, but a couple of good skill guys on offense, especially WR/kick returner T.Y. Hilton.

Having the Florida pipeline is nice for recruiting, but you're still trying to pick up scraps from the 'Canes, 'Noles and Gators with little to offer except "proximity to home." Gonna take a while to turn this team around (assuming I don't get fired).
You're picking up Gators, Canes, Noles, Bulls, and Knights scraps. Not to mention Georgia, Georgia Tech, and, well, basically the entire SEC. And even then, you're battling with FAU. There are a ton of schools recruiting in Florida that FIU is behind...but there are also a ton of recruits to go after.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
Man, you guys with NT and the Cal schools are cheating! There is NOOOOOOBODY interested in coming to MTSU. I only have four 2 stars interested in me, the rest 1's.
I was about the same with Idaho my first year. Luckily I was able to convince a 3* qb who wasn't interested at first to come to my school. Lucky for me early playing time was his most important pitch and seeing as my best non-senior QB was like a 61 overall junior with no arm I was an A+ there and got the guy to sign.

Also got an athlete who I moved to FS but am also using in wildcat cause he has 62 throw accuracy, last game he had an 84 yard TD run, a 18 yard first down run, and a 54 yard pass that set up a 1st and goal and the game before he had a 93 yard TD run to give me the lead late in the 4th.

Those 2 are the only "star" players I got out of that class, the QB is a 70 overall now as a sophmore and the FS is a 68 as a (RS) freshman so they aren't real stars but they are on my team due to a lack of other talent. With them and a couple transfers I have a decent base to work around. Once I hit 2*s though I found recruiting 3* players almost instantly becomes a possibility, almost too easily. The next year I ended up with 14 3*s and 11 2*s but now as a 3* school I will end up with pretty much the same again this next year, maybe a little worse cause I need to replace my K and P and both the best I could get was a 1*
Old 07-18-2010, 11:37 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
Are they fun though?

Any one stars in BCS conferences?
I like playing with them. I have been running a pro style offense but now with weakness on my oline in terms of run blocking I am moving to passing more and with a good receiving #2 TE I have moved more towards a 1back 2 TE offense, currently using bama's playbook as they have a lot of sets to fit that along with some 3 wide stuff and they do have I form which I like to use and wildcat which has led to some huge plays for me.

They are probably one of the toughest 2 or 3 schools to recruit with, mid tennesee state is also up there but don't know of anyone else that weak for recruiting, maybe like arkansas state or something. Also, if you don't find a QB they will suck to play with in year 2 unless you are willing to run like all the time. There best non senior QB has like 78 arm strength but is a pocket passing QB so can't really create for himself either so short passes are really all you have there.

In year one they have a decent QB with a good pair of WRs. Their RB situation is really pretty solid for the 1st couple years. They have a few decent linemen, a good pair of safeties, one of whom is young, decent enough corners to get by in the wac, and decent enough LBs and DTs.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkracker1
I also forgot to add that they play in the Moutain West so conference prestige is higher than most of the 1 star's. Of course it also means that you get to get your *** kicked by BYU, Utah, and TCU.
I'm using SDSU and promised all my recruits we would have a winning record against our rivals, so my coach prestige is riding on me beating BYU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »