Home

What is the best 1 star school for a dynasty

This is a discussion on What is the best 1 star school for a dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What is the best 1 star school for a dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm using SDSU and promised all my recruits we would have a winning record against our rivals, so my coach prestige is riding on me beating BYU
Lol. I lost to BYU, Utah, and TCU in year one, but year two I beat BYU in a squeaker and steamrolled Utah. TCU on the other hand was not pretty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 7

Might fit ok in here :

I´m also considering which smaller school (1 or 2 star) to take and was wondering : Wich of the program ratings/pitches (academics, campus, pro potential etc) do change and how quickly and under what circumstances ?

Tried searching for it on the forum, but the only somewhat definitive answer was in a topic from 2007, so things might have changed (my first time playing NCAA)

And just in case i´m missing it : You can´t edit those before starting a dynasty, right ? (aware of teambuilder, but then the rivals other than the main rival are missing)

Last edited by Whoman; 07-19-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

Midd Tenn st. is who I am running with in my offline dynasty.

Unique playbook that is versatile, fun to use, and doesn't require you to be particulary talented at any position, 1 star program, 2 good running backs (1 SR, 1 Jr, and both are in early 80s), good dual threat QB that is a Senior, and in a terrible conference that is ripe for the picking (Sun Belt).

Your biggest challenge will be recruting. On Heisman difficulty recruiting without AI assistance I was able to snag five 3 stars and the rest 2 stars in my first year. Those 3 stars were not interested in Mid tenn at all, but they didn't have scholarship offers, so I was able to steal them in the midnight hour. If you plan to get the msot out of your playbook you should look into getting an accurate dual threat QB. You should be able to have success with any QB build though. I chose not to recruit a QB since Mid Tenn had 3 Freshman (RS) QBs on the roster in my first year that are all close to each other in rating. I am in my 2nd year now and chose Kilgore to be the starter. He is doing pretty good, but I'm letting my HB carry more of the load this year since QB runs and options arent the best choice anymore.

My 1st year I went 11-1 (schedule rated F) with my only loss coming to Georgia Tech in OT. I ended up beating UTEP in the New Orleans Bowl. My QB Dwight Dasher finished the year with 3000 yds passing 25 tds 11 ints and 1000 yds rushing with 10 tds. In my 2nd year I am 3-0 and in my last game I managed to overcome a struggling Louisville team. Recruiting is looking good now too. I can finally fill my board with interested 3 stars, still no interest from 4 star recruits though.

Dynasty settings are Heisman/Heisman 6 min qtrs.

Last edited by Juice Malone; 07-19-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #44
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

How many stars is Marshall?
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #45
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
How many stars is Marshall?
Should be 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #46
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm doing one with ULL Ragin Cajuns, pretty good to use as they they have LA,TX,FL as their pipeline states. The schedule the first year is pretty rough tho Georgia,Ole Miss, and Okla St. I had to take a break from that dynasty for a bit as it was rough to go from playing my LSU dynasty to that one.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #47
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
I plan to use SJST, I like their colors and Cal is a state full of talent, so there will be decent scraps to pick up.
There schedule is brutal. Im doing one right now, and they play Alabama first, and when i played them, it was over half way through the 2nd they also play Boise, Utah and some other decent teams. Its currently a challenge lol
Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #48
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

Mid Tenn. St... QB Dwight Dasher will be an animal this year, in real life.

This Is Alabama Football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »