Home

Passing Game Broken

This is a discussion on Passing Game Broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Passing Game Broken

Honestly being that he said he plays online ONLY, I think it is his internet connection speed or who ever he playing against connection speed that is broken. Or maybe his controller is broken.

Because if you only 3 for 20 in PRACTICE, then yeah that is a USER error. Because if passing online was broken, this board would be filled with threads with people complaining about it.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 13

i don't get it. you'd prefer the receiver be able to catch it every time over the corner in 1 on 1? then even more people would complain. i don't think the passing system is broken at all. it's not mirror to real life, but that'd be extremely difficult with all the jostling that goes on today. have you tried user catching? normally when i get one on one coverage, if i know my guys not a speedster, i'll user it.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

If it's 1 on 1 coverage and he's running stride for stride with your man- then why do you think he should catch the pass?
Real life QB's rarely throw to a receiver who is well covered. Look for the OPEN man....that's how the game is played in real life.
And sometimes people aren't open and you're gonna get sacked- that's what happens in real life too.

It's funny how we want our players to catch everything and when we are on D we've got no problem with our D men swatting down every pass. Human nature I guess.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you're QB is pretty good, the precision passing controls works well with 1-1 coverage. All you need is 1 step, and it's over. I, myself, is having some problems throwing, probably because I run the ball 70% of the time (Yes, I rep my 'Horns with Fozzy Whittaker)
Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #21
Rookie

3o5swagg's Arena

OVR: 0

yea bruh i notice that too..this guy posted a video of that on youtube..what i do is hot route my WR'S OR TE'S to drag routes and make their DB's/LB's get lost in traffic someone will b open..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
I was having some issues passing, but wrote it off to being hit during the pass or just good coverage....

then i tried this experiment: I went to practice mode and used Iowa vs. Purdue

Iowa has a good QB and decent #1 receiver, I went to practice and tried wheel routes against 1 on 1 coverage against a average corner with no safety help (had him blitzing). I think i went 3 for 20. I tried all sorts of passes: lobs, leads, bullet leads... nothing. Apparently passing is broken

Does anyone have any suggestions? I believe I tried everything... too bad because another patch is probably far off.
What percentage of passes thrown beyond 30 yards downfield do you think should be completed?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
What percentage of passes thrown beyond 30 yards downfield do you think should be completed?
With Arkansas? 60%? At least.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
With Arkansas? 60%? At least.
60%? What do you think their overall completion % should be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »