Home

I need some help

This is a discussion on I need some help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
I need some help

Ok I just started my online dynasty and I'm confused. I started off with 35 spots on my recruiting board. Am I suppose to use all of them up every season. So every year you have to target 35 players or no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: I need some help

No. In fact, the max you can sign in any given year is 25.

Generally speaking, optimal recruiting strategy doesn't involve filling up all 35 slots. Just put as many people on your board that you can call every week.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok I think I understand. I should just try to target the guys that are heavily considering my program. I havent played a game yet. But if I where to assume by what you say as phone calls. I would assume you can get phone calls if your top 3 on there list of schools to go to.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game4fun
Ok I think I understand. I should just try to target the guys that are heavily considering my program. I havent played a game yet. But if I where to assume by what you say as phone calls. I would assume you can get phone calls if your top 3 on there list of schools to go to.
You don't have to target guys who are heavily considering your program. Don't be afraid to go after guys who don't even have you listed. With weekly calls and winning, sometimes you can steal that 5-star guy away from the Alabama's and Ohio State's of the world.

Also, you don't need to fill all 35 spots. I never do. I turn recruiting assistance to off and fill my board w/ 15-22 guys. If I need a SS I typically go after 4 of them, knowing I will probably get one and might get two.

A big advantage to having fewer guys on your list is you can spend time w/ the ones you do have there every week. Trust me... it helps.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: I need some help

Thanks. That was my next question about how many players by postion I should recruit. Thanks that helps a lot!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
MVP

In my current online dynasty, playing as Syracuse, I started with 30 on my board, but by week 3, I've narrowed it down to 17 (one of them has committed).

I call all 16 recruits for a minimum of 30 minutes every week (the 17th is already committed, so no calling). I also have organized my more important recruits toward the top and give them longer calls.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game4fun
Thanks. That was my next question about how many players by postion I should recruit. Thanks that helps a lot!!
How many players per position you recruit is based on needs. You can see your school needs. I generally recruit 3 times what I need.

If I need, for example, a full back, a middle linebacker, and two corners, I'd go after 3 FBs, 3 MLBs, and 6 CBs. After that, you can go after players in positions that you can see you need some extra depth, or positions that your team is weak at and recruiting might make an immediate improvement, or just the best overall players you think you can get.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
In my current online dynasty, playing as Syracuse, I started with 30 on my board, but by week 3, I've narrowed it down to 17 (one of them has committed).

I call all 16 recruits for a minimum of 30 minutes every week (the 17th is already committed, so no calling). I also have organized my more important recruits toward the top and give them longer calls.

Thats funny I'm playing with the cuse two. Thanks this helped a lot. If I don't do well this time around as long as I learn how to recruit and make a good team next time I will be happy. This is my first time with any of this so I don't expect a whole lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »