Home

Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

This is a discussion on Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #17
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

If it helps any, it was the same across the board with '10. Most recruits come in with D awareness, C if you're extremely lucky but it pans out in yearly progression.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

I have to agree with others in this thread. Having the awareness ratings be that low in no way shape or form benefits the gameplay at all. This has actually been an issue for the last couple of years and I am not sure why it hasn't been addressed yet.

It really would not be that hard to a address it either, it could be done by either by raising the awareness recruits come in with or keeping them low and having the awareness increase more than it does now each year.

As Playmakers said you can especially notice how having awareness that low affects QB's in terms of their ability to run the ball and the option.

I think that there are a couple of other ratings that are generally to low as well in terms of the default rosters and the generated recruits. The Ball Carrier Vision rating for some RB's and dual threat QB's is also way too low as well, which negatively affects the gameplay. The carrying rating for the same kind of players could be much higher as well.

I think I am going to go through the default roster and raise some of those ratings for the freshmen and sophomores if they are really low. Unfortunately you can't edit the recruits coming in, but at least it's something. Speaking of that I wish they would along us to edit ratings in our dynasties one of these day like The Show does in their franchise mode. I never understood the mentality of limiting the user in what they could do with their game.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-19-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't understand why these game devs can never figure out how to make the recruiting classes consistent with the default rosters. Hopefully one day they at least figure out to just add sliders for things like incoming recruiting class talent.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #20
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Awr is used in determinig players OVR rating but not a huge factor. On field it is more noticable than in the players ratings. It does make sence that a recruit doesn't have great awr. Most freshman need time to get acquianted with the college game so having them come in low is fine.

All positions besides qb only see an increase or 4 to 5 point in there OVR rating when AWR is changed from 55 to 99. Awr is more important for qbs as you will see about a 14 pt swing in ovr.

If it really does affect onfield play down the line it could be patched in offseason progresion without reintroducing a roster full of players rated at 99ovr

Last edited by PocketScout; 07-19-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

I think awareness is so low to keep the ratings in check. in the past AWR has had a significant impact on OVR where lowering it by about 20 point could cause an 6-8 point drop in OVR. With so many people complaing about player OVR being too high the last few years this may have been their way to combat that without just making the players slow or weak. Not saying it's how things should be done, but I think that may be part of the reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
No. And without in season progression the high ratings are just that much more diluted. Considering all awareness is generally low, it works out where they will play. Unfortunately you're just going to have significantly more idiots running around the football field not knowing where they are supposed to be, which takes out the teams that have very disciplined systems, even if they don't have much talent.

The real issue is for people who like to export draft classes into madden and play 10+ years into their dynastys.
The default rosters are so jacked up that the first 4 or so draft classes are going to be significantly higher than any preceeding draft classes.

Whats worse is no in season progression prevents you from taking a player who is borderline exported player, and having a blowup senior season with him, which would normally bump his ratings enough to be a formidable prospect for madden. Now that kind of player might not even make the cut.
I was wondering about this. Does Madden balance it out so that the classes are pretty much even in talent, or are we going to have crappy draft classes after the first four years (or vice versa... amazing classes the first four years, and then average after that)?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I think awareness is so low to keep the ratings in check. in the past AWR has had a significant impact on OVR where lowering it by about 20 point could cause an 6-8 point drop in OVR. With so many people complaing about player OVR being too high the last few years this may have been their way to combat that without just making the players slow or weak. Not saying it's how things should be done, but I think that may be part of the reason.
Actually they did lower the strength ratings down this year for a lot of DL and OL

The Break tackle rating is the main culprit for a lot the offensive players being rated so high...

You can reduce half the roster file down by 3-4 points in overall rating just by reducing the OVERATED break tackle rating of those small wr's, rb's and QB's they keep assigning those ratings too

A 5'11 185 lb WR that already has 90+ speed and Acceleration is going to be rated high overall in most cases any way....I see no reason why he needs to have a 80+ break tackle rating giving him another 3-4 points towards his overall that he didn't need.

So i'm not buying into the theory they needed to lower the overall ratings down by reducing awareness that was a bad move because their are other ratings you can manipulate and accomplish the same thing on the field without making the making AI dumber.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #24
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So i'm not buying into the theory they needed to lower the overall ratings down by reducing awareness that was a bad move because their are other ratings you can manipulate and accomplish the same thing on the field without making the making AI dumber.
This is correct on all accounts. They changed the progression in a patch last year, so let's see if we can lobby for EA to adjust the progression in another patch this year. I hope that they are able to increase the progression of the awareness attribute, or keep the progression the same and change the algorithm for the recruit generator to increase the awareness of every recruit by 10-15 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »