Home

Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

This is a discussion on Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Actually they did lower the strength ratings down this year for a lot of DL and OL

The Break tackle rating is the main culprit for a lot the offensive players being rated so high...

You can reduce half the roster file down by 3-4 points in overall rating just by reducing the OVERATED break tackle rating of those small wr's, rb's and QB's they keep assigning those ratings too

A 5'11 185 lb WR that already has 90+ speed and Acceleration is going to be rated high overall in most cases any way....I see no reason why he needs to have a 80+ break tackle rating giving him another 3-4 points towards his overall that he didn't need.

So i'm not buying into the theory they needed to lower the overall ratings down by reducing awareness that was a bad move because their are other ratings you can manipulate and accomplish the same thing on the field without making the making AI dumber.
Absolutely agreed. I have noticed when editing rosters before that there are plenty of ways to keep a players overall in check by reducing ratings like break tackle while still having awareness at a decent level.

Unfortunately like I said in the impressions thread, even if you adjust the default roster you can't do anything about the generated recruits ratings.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Awareness Rating super low for FR/SO and Recruits ? (and other related questions)

I posted this in my slider thread a few days ago....

This what a Option QB with high awareness can do if he's rated properly...This Air Force legend Dee Dowis one of the greatest Option QB's to ever play the game. You won't find very many QB's on the default rosters with this type of high IQ to run the run the Option right.

You'll notice how on both plays he doesn't hesitate to attack the defense....he reads the defenders and attacks the open lane right away

The default QB's can't even get out of the backfield from under center 80% of the time but you'll see Dee Dowis was very succesful even out oif shutgun 5 yards deeper than being under center and the defenders still couldn't stop him....

More examples of what Awareness does for CPU players on the field

This another option play by the CPU....the QB in this video is John Elway who is not as fast as my created Dee Dowis. Yet he still manages to get out of the backfield from shotgun formation and get positive yards

EA should just turn the freaking ratings over to me and let me build their Mobile QB's the right way........

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-19-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #27
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

This should be the thread we use this year to make EA fix this in whatever way they can, similar to how they patched the progression last year. Hopefully something can be done when they release patch #2 in the next few weeks/months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
EA should just turn the freaking ratings over to me and let me build their Mobile QB's the right way........
This isn't a bad idea at all. Ever since I've seen you making sliders for the NCAA series it seems you understand how the game works better than the EA devs do.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 20

Of course if they gave us the ability to edit the recruits ratings similar to how The Show lets you edit player ratings during franchise mode it wouldn't be a problem.

I never understood why they don't give us that ability. It's our game, we should be able to customize as much as possible.

Unfortunately even though I really like the game on the field this year, this issue is preventing me from starting a real dynasty right now. So far I have only messed around with dynasty to look at the new recruiting system. Sure you can edit the player ratings on the default roster and not have a problem the first 3 years or so before the incoming recruits take over starting roles, but I don't see the point in playing a dynasty for only 3 years or so.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-19-2010 at 10:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »