Home

Locomotion does not seem to work

This is a discussion on Locomotion does not seem to work within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Locomotion does not seem to work

I just wondering if anyone noticed this. It seems locmotion does not work for any WR or DB. There is no seperation between a WR with 96 ACC and a DB with 90. I should see sepration on any route. It also seems like the impact players dont mean anything for a DB. They should be able to lock down a average WR. I want to have to double cover a great wideout. Bad corners should get beat by great WR's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Locomotion does not seem to work

That doesn't seem like the locomotion to me. Locomotion as far as I thought was the tieing together of animations like strings of animations coming together to make for a realistic outcome on a certain play (not always seeing the same animations happen every time a linebacker and running back collide and so forth). And for me I have seen that locomotion has made a huge impact this year and I love the addition and welcome it.

Unless I'm reading into it wrong, this seems more like a complaint about the ratings of certain attributes not being represented in the game correctly, which as far as I read has been fixed by using slider configurations. Just my two cents.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumEffort
I just wondering if anyone noticed this. It seems locmotion does not work for any WR or DB. There is no seperation between a WR with 96 ACC and a DB with 90. I should see sepration on any route. It also seems like the impact players dont mean anything for a DB. They should be able to lock down a average WR. I want to have to double cover a great wideout. Bad corners should get beat by great WR's
Do you know what Acceleration actually is?
Because there's more to the formula than just that. Acceleration is how fast a guy can reach his top speed, what it sounds like is maybe the WR doesn't have a great speed rating.
Locomotion DOES work. Just because you haven't seen it work in one situation, doesn't make it broken.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Also the Speed Threshold setting needs to be a fairly low number (15-20) before you really start to see the difference.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
Also the Speed Threshold setting needs to be a fairly low number (15-20) before you really start to see the difference.
I was curious about the speed threshold. What would you consider realistic? I am in an online dynasty playing Heisman level on default settings and I find that when I get a mismatch, such as a linebacker on a wide receiver, the linebacker makes up ground when beat by five yards...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I'll believe that Locomotion "works" or "doesn't work" as soon as somebody can explain to me what the heck it is. ProTak, for all its flaws, at least had a definable purpose. You KNEW what it was supposed to do.

Locomotion, as best I can tell, is a "better animation system". Except that the game is still full of slowdown and chopped-up animations that transition poorly. People pretend like the R stick is giving them 1:1 control over player balance, but there's no real physics there. The effect is simply less dramatic (and therefore appears less "hokey") than the Truck/Highlight Stick. But ball carriers still have the same set of ratings for "Trucking", Spin Moves, etc., so obviously, those same interactions are in the game.

I like the game, and there probably are some minor refinements in there, but nowhere near as revolutionary as some people are pretending.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm still not sure what "locomotion" is...I don't really see a difference in players with supposed differences in skill ratings...everyone pretty much controls the same as far as I can tell...I've played with probably 12 different teams (and 12 different running backs) and haven't noticed any difference between them. I've never had the sense that any off them were more agile or faster than the other....at least nothing noticeable anyway. Seems to me like another EA gimmick. Not trying to rip the game, it's just that I can't tell a difference.

Last edited by footballdude1971; 07-19-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You might also be experiencing the problem with default Pass Coverage. At 50 DB's will know the WR's route and even elite WR's will not get open on a 60 overall DB. My sliders in my signature address this. With them I can throw timing routes now that were impossible due to the omniscient AI.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »