Home

Best tactics against Clemson

This is a discussion on Best tactics against Clemson within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
Best tactics against Clemson

Hey guys,

Quick question. I am 5-2 (3-1) in my conference heading into by far the biggest game of the season against Clemson in my next week of my first dynasty (with Boston College). I got pounded by VT at home 39 - 0 and the other noticeable team I played (Notre Dame) beat me 35 - 21. I have beaten FCS Northeast, Kent State, NC State, Florida State and Maryland.

Anyway, aside from VT I know this will be my toughest competition yet. If I want a shot at the conference championship in year one I will need to win this game, win out and hope that Clemson loses one more. They are 7 - 0 and ranked number 9 in the BCS poll right now.

The reason I;m asking for help was because I was at a loss playing a stud team like VT. I went 8 - 31 for 64 yards, 3 picks and was sacked 9 times. Obviously they went up so big early my run game was not an option and they blitzed the heck out of my pass game. Tried every shotgun formation and strategy I could think of but they always stayed one step ahead. Is Clemson's D in this game as good as VT???

Just curious if anyone has played them using a pro offense, one back system like BC and had any success against them. My D is not my concern in this game because I do believe with Kuechly, Herzlich and Albright out there I do a great job on D for the most part plus I don't have to worry about them game planning around Spiller this year. Last year I didn't have too tough a time with them but I really want this game... anyone have any ideas?

Ps: Montel Harris is out 6 more games with a strained back so I have Finch (my second string RB) who is pretty solid as an option but you definitely feel the difference in the run game without the explosiveness of Harris. My number one reciever is doing pretty well with 20 catches for over 450 yards thus far and I feel comfortable throwing to him against most man coverage and all zone. Both my TE's are pretty good options but on the slower side.

Mostly looking for weaknesses in their defense I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Best tactics against Clemson

I'd call up Clemson and ask for some game video so you can prep to your fullest extent...
Old 07-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Garnet&Black's Arena

OVR: 0

Watch out for Bowers as one of the ends, if Tech got to your QB often then he will too. They have a great Running Game and it's very fast in Harper and Ellington and like to go no huddle so you are gonna want to chose a defense with a lot of Linebackers. Parker their QB is good, but against me (Rival South carolina) they ran the ball a lot. I say bring in LBs on Blitzes on running downs and make them beat you with the pass.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Blitz on running downs, and play cover 2 man on passing. If I remember correct there RT isn't that great so I would try to exploit him. Like Garnet & Black said use a D with alot a linebackers preferably good cover ones just in case the pass on a run down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »