Home

pass interference?

This is a discussion on pass interference? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
pass interference?

has amyone seen the defense get called for it? i had several instances that it should have been called and nothing. i only see clipping, holding and false starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: pass interference?

I've seen 3 PI calls 4 years into my dynasty, and 0 encroachment calls, so i'm the same with only seeing Clipping, holding, and false starts.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

I have the O and D pass interference sliders set to 100, as well as encroachment, and a few others. Never seen any of them called. In fact, the only defensive penalty I really see called is facemask. I've seen encroachment...when the other team ran a no huddle and my d-linemen tried running through the trench to get to his spot--can't believe THAT's still happening.

I'm kind of curious what happened to defensive offsides. You can hard snap, get a d-linemen to jump, snap the ball while he's in the neutral zone and NEVER get the offsides flag. Even with the slider set to 100.

So always just turn your D-Line to aggressive because there's no penalties to call on them.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

yea i moved the facemask slider up to 60 and it was a facemask every other play. So i moved it to 55, it was still too many, so its back to 50. I raised holding to 60 and i'm getting too many of those from the cpu so thats back down to 55 right now. Still tinkering with the sliders to find the right spots.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

Penalty sliders have always been an issue with EA football games, a few are hyper sensitive, others seem to be placebos that have no effect. Been that way for a decade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Rookie

well i guess i'll have to play round with the sliders
Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 28

I agree that the penalty sliders need some tweaking. I play 7 minute quarters and have two to three penalties a game, typically false start or holding. I have seen a few facemask calls but no pass interference calls.

It's a double edged sword. If you make a good defensive play there is nothing worse than having the drive extended due to an interference call. On the other hand, if the situation is flipped, it helps to get that penalty.

Default works for me. Although the penalties called a few, I would rather have the play determine the game rather than penalties. I hope EA works on the penalty sliders in the future. I agree that going up to 55 cranks up the flags too much...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »