Home

Too Easy Or Just A Good Team? How To Determine?

This is a discussion on Too Easy Or Just A Good Team? How To Determine? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Too Easy Or Just A Good Team? How To Determine?

i determined that my qtr length was way too long. I think i used to play 11 or 12 min qtrs but for some reason i did 15 min and my first game was Pitt vs Utah and i was Pitt and i won 61-30 something. It was a close game at halftime and then 2nd half my defense stepped up and i was able to continue scoring. I actually prevented myself from scoring too much by letting the play clock run down as much as possible because i didnt want to score 70-80 points. Tonight i'm gonna give 11 mins a try.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spread4
did they make Alabama too good in this years game? yes their offenise is legit this coming up season returning 8 starters along with the heisman winner and julio jones. but their defense loses 8 starters from last years team and their D rating is 99? at least from the rosters i got from here (psn:buckeye02). Their DBs never drop a INT. I think EA went a little too far with this team. No team is perfect
I feel like, on offense, McElroy is overrated.

Or really, maybe my biggest problem with Alabama's offense being a 99 is the fact that Arkansas' offense is only a 96.

Florida led the conference in yards per game, but they're losing Tim Tebow.
Auburn was second in the conference in yards per game.
Arkansas was third in the conference in yards per game--and they're returning 8 or 9 of 11 starters. One of the graduating senior starters from last season was Michael Smith who shared carries with 4 other running backs, and there was little depth. Numerous, numerous, numerous sources have listed Arkansas as having the best running back depth this season. The only other positions where Arkansas will have new starters is on the offensive line, where they're expected to improve.

Best QB in college football is returning for his redshirt junior year. Greg Childs, Joe Adams, Jarius Wright are all back after having amazing sophomore seasons, and Kobi Hamilton is back after a great freshmen season.

In addition to being 3rd in conference in yards per game (just 4 ypg behind Auburn), Arkansas also led the conference in points per game.

And I don't care what anyone says, Greg Childs is massively underrated. This is a guy who carried a Georgia safety 20 yards into the endzone, and they give him a strength rating in the 50s. I'm not saying Greg Childs needed to be a 97 up there with AJ Green and Julio Jones, but I think at 95 or 96 would have been appropriate. Greg Childs will probably be in the same NFL draft as those two guys, and I think there's a good chance he gets picked real close to them. If he's not the first WR selected after those two are gone, then he was picked before they were both picked.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah I beat Bama as Penn State 40-10 in my dynasty on the road. Then this year I beat them 48-10, but that was mainly because they had 6 turnovers. I also won other games on the road against top 10 teams with ease, then I won by 2 against Minnesota on the road. I'll probably change my sliders a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

To fill in more details here:

my 1st Dyno was with Michigan, I had a OT win against UConn, Shootout lost to ND and I beat some team I don't remember, Then I thought it was hard but a good challenge hard

So with USC

I hammered San Diego State, Shut them out, Looks like I'm about to beat Stanford somewhere about 21-7 (as i'm writing this i'm marching down the field so it may be 28-7)

I'm destroying teams with Marc Tyler and I know In college it's not unusual to have 200 yrd rushing against bad teams, But stanford is ranked 25th (I'm in 2nd Yr after skipping the 1st)
Old 07-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

I think your difficulty settings are probably all right.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

see what happens when you play a top 10 team
Old 07-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #15
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxdmx
see what happens when you play a top 10 team
yea that looks to me awhile away until Oregon comes up
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »