Home

Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer

This is a discussion on Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Dynasty : One Human Per Conference, 2 Days per Game, Be a Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofax
I got in the habit of doing that with my offline dynasties to speed things up. If the majority wants 12 I have no problem with that and will change it for next season.
I can see how it would speed up an offline dynasty, or an online dynasty with just a few players, but with 12 teams, you're pretty much going to have everyone playing a game every single week, regardless of whether you have 11 games or 12 games. You're still going to have wait a decent amount of time before week advances just so that everyone has the opportunity to do recruiting.

What may be a headache is getting all 12 people online at the same time for maximum efficiency during the off-season portion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 03:49 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I can see how it would speed up an offline dynasty, or an online dynasty with just a few players, but with 12 teams, you're pretty much going to have everyone playing a game every single week, regardless of whether you have 11 games or 12 games. You're still going to have wait a decent amount of time before week advances just so that everyone has the opportunity to do recruiting.
Good points all. I see no reason we shouldn't go to 12 games for the 2nd season of the dynasty then. Thank you.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:05 AM   #43
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

I tried to write an article for my season opener yesterday after I played it but after I finished writing it up when I clicked submit it said it didn't go through and try again later. And it took me off the page so I couldn't copy and paste it. I tried to go back to the page but everything went back to the default so yeah, sorry but I wasn't about to rewrite it. I'll be sure to try and get something up after I play my week 2 game.

Also about the speed slider, I recommend turning it down to 35
Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with 40 on my Offline dynasty and it works pretty well. but i have heard 35 is a very good setting
Old 07-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
I tried to write an article for my season opener yesterday after I played it but after I finished writing it up when I clicked submit it said it didn't go through and try again later. And it took me off the page so I couldn't copy and paste it. I tried to go back to the page but everything went back to the default so yeah, sorry but I wasn't about to rewrite it. I'll be sure to try and get something up after I play my week 2 game.
Fair enough. Perhaps in the future write it offline on a word processor then cut and paste it into the dynasty page.

So let me get a solid grasp on exactly what the slider speed setting does. My first thought upon seeing it was it sets the overall speed of the game, but it appears it sets a minimum speed for all players?

Does this mean that a guy with a rated speed of say 25, will run at 50 if the speed slider is on 50? If that's the case shouldn't the default be 0? You'd think you'd want everyone to run according to their rated speed by default. Perhaps I don't fully understand it.

Right now I've seen suggestions of 25, 35, and 40 for speed. 35 seems like a good place to start but I'd like to hear some more detailed explanation of this slider option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

My understanding is that the lower the setting is placed the bigger difference you will see in players with their speed.

So if the speed rating is at 50 and you have a LB with a 75 speed and a HB with 90 speed you wont notice the speed difference AS much.

But with the speed rating at lets say 35-40 you will notice that the HB is indeed much faster than the LB
Old 07-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

I accepted the inv with Pitt ( Cincy was 0-1 )
2010: #9 Iowa 3-0
Last: W 24-17 v #25 FSU (Human)
Old 07-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 15

Yes, the lower the speed threshold, the bigger the gap between the fastest dude and the slowest dude, and the rest of the guys are graded in between, relative to their speed and acceleration ratings. At 50, linebackers are running down HB and even WRs a little too often. Also, DEs have no trouble at all catching speedy QBs.

I'm still waiting for Joshua1207 so that we can play our game against each other.

I don't mind playing against human players, but human vs human has a tendency to slow online dynasties way down. I could be available for a full 12 hours one day to play a game. And heck, he could be available for a full 12 hours also. But if I'm available from midnight to noon and he's only available from noon to midnight, there's no way for us to play our game.

(We were going to play last night but the servers were down.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »