Home

Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

This is a discussion on Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #73
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Im in year seven or 8 of my dynasty and i have seen some teams get better and some get worse. Teams that have top 10 classes are constantly on top and others fight for the scraps. In playing the games i have seen no real difference that isnt attributed to my sliders. Find some good sliders and have fun i think most of you are really overthinking this.
Possibly, hell probably, but my sliders are the exact same they were from game 3 of my first season. I'm going to start a new season at some point with PMs sliders, but for now the games I'm playing in dynasty aren't very satisfying any more.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #74
Rookie

KStateFan's Arena

OVR: 4

I just wish we still had in-season progression
Old 07-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Im in year seven or 8 of my dynasty and i have seen some teams get better and some get worse. Teams that have top 10 classes are constantly on top and others fight for the scraps. In playing the games i have seen no real difference that isnt attributed to my sliders. Find some good sliders and have fun i think most of you are really overthinking this.
well still, many of us like to export draft classes to madden... don't you think this will affect that? Players are going to have extremely low awareness heading into the NFL, plus the talent pool is going to decrease (after all the real players are gone from ncaa).

And anyways, even if the games play out alright, the talent should be consistent. I don't see how it is a good thing to not have an A or even an A- team after a few years. It is basically saying that the overall level of talent in college football is going to decrease... which isn't realistic at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
well still, many of us like to export draft classes to madden... don't you think this will affect that? Players are going to have extremely low awareness heading into the NFL, plus the talent pool is going to decrease (after all the real players are gone from ncaa).

And anyways, even if the games play out alright, the talent should be consistent. I don't see how it is a good thing to not have an A or even an A- team after a few years. It is basically saying that the overall level of talent in college football is going to decrease... which isn't realistic at all.
This isnt such a horrible thing if they handled it right (which is questionable knowing EA) The rookies coming from NCAA were always too good in past years. So know it will be more realistic.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #77
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

The Punters are all pretty awful. I've find it's better to just recruit Kickers.

I've had the 25th best Kicker come in better than the 15th best Punter. Most Punters that I've seen come in with something like 52 KPOW and 44 KACC
Old 07-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 12

Are there currently too many A rated teams?

Are there currently too many 90 rated players?

Honestly, I don't think so. Some of the top incoming recruits should have the ability to eventually be as good as the upperclassmen currently in the game. There has to be a happy medium between last year and this year.

As is, you will never get an impact underclassman until all of the current players are gone. No A.J. Green's, Dion Lewis', LaMichael James', Julio Jones'? That doesn't make sense to me. No QB will ever progress to be a Tim Tebow or Colt McCoy.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #79
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
The Punters are all pretty awful. I've find it's better to just recruit Kickers.

I've had the 25th best Kicker come in better than the 15th best Punter. Most Punters that I've seen come in with something like 52 KPOW and 44 KACC
So now we have to create P/K prospects again. It's amazing that the same petty issues continue to plague this franchise. How hard is some of this to really fix given the complaints for the past few years?

You just need a person with college mathematics comprehension and NCAA game experience to figure out what prospect pools should look like.

Same for game stats using the sim engine. How hard is it to figure out? The NCAA has a database with every game played, team stats, player stats, etc.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #80
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

The kicker thing is a major roster issue for me.

I'm in year 4, and 36 of the top 50 pre-season teams have a special teams rating of a D+ or lower. Ohio State has a freshman kicker who hit 43% of his kicks. That's ludicrous and as a result OSU lost 5 games.

The reason is that teams rarely carry two kickers in the game so they never recruit one until they do not have any on their roster, so they have to go out and fill the spot with a freshman, who invariably isn't ready to play.

This really needs fixed with either a roster patch or a patch that makes teams always try to keep two kickers on the roster.

And as others have stated, the kickers coming out are rated terribly low, which isn't helping either.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com

Last edited by Bill_Abner; 07-22-2010 at 09:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »