Home

Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

This is a discussion on Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #9
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

There's nothing wrong with progresion, players progress realistically and now seeing truly elite players are rare. If they were to make progression like NCAA 10 this game would be the first on my trade in list.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
There's nothing wrong with progresion, players progress realistically and now seeing truly elite players are rare. If they were to make progression like NCAA 10 this game would be the first on my trade in list.
Completely and totally agree. From everything I've seen and the tests that have been run by members of the OS community, it looks like the dev team made a great adjustment from last year.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, it really feels good to finally land a few 5 star recruits after several seasons of building your team up and see them come into your team and really make a difference. I think it will help the best teams stay good as long as they keep getting those top prospects in and lets the good teams separate from the average ones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #12
MVP

dan_457's Arena

I'm not a fan of the progression at all, it looks like once again, EA can't find the middle ground, either players are too high, or they're too low. The problem is, as already mention in another thread, is that the incoming recruits awareness is so low that all players begin to act like idiots on the field, or at least from my personal experiences, and to add to that, there aren't enough kickers, and most of them are terrible, and in year 4 of my dynasty, there's only one team rated higher than a straight B.

What i want is some sort of progression slider maybe, if something like that can even be done, That way we don't have to rely on the devs to do it, but can find our own preference. If you want a B+ to be the highest rated team you see, that's great, you guys are all set, but it'd be nice for others to have a choice.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
The problem is, as already mention in another thread, is that the incoming recruits awareness is so low that all players begin to act like idiots on the field, or at least from my personal experiences, and to add to that, there aren't enough kickers, and most of them are terrible, and in year 4 of my dynasty, there's only one team rated higher than a straight B.
This is exactly it. The progression is perfect, but the incoming recruits have too low of awareness and it really lowers the level of talent across the whole NCAA within 5 years of a dynasty.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Progression is one of the best things about this years game. No patch necessary
Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
This is exactly it. The progression is perfect, but the incoming recruits have too low of awareness and it really lowers the level of talent across the whole NCAA within 5 years of a dynasty.
This is what needs to be patched instead of the actual progression, as having that low of awareness across the board creates some problems.

Of course if they didn't raise the awareness rating of incoming recruits, the only other solution would be to have their awareness progress in larger increments each year.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #16
MVP

dan_457's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
This is what needs to be patched instead of the actual progression, as having that low of awareness across the board creates some problems.

Of course if they didn't raise the awareness rating of incoming recruits, the only other solution would be to have their awareness progress in larger increments each year.
I just went back and looked at my teams depth chart.

QB 1 jr awr 48
QB 2 so awr 69
QB 3 so-rs awr 50

Basically, almost all of my junior and under players (i'm in year 4) typically have under 60 awareness, with only a hand full having over.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »