Home

Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

This is a discussion on Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

I don't think they did a very good job with progression this year, to be honest. What I'm really worried about is madden draft classes. After all the current players are gone, is every class after that going to completely suck? And like the other guys said, what is so bad about having a couple of A or A+ teams every year? I think EA overdid it. And I really don't understand why all the awareness ratings are so low. I think it could all be corrected if they did two things...

1. Adjusted the awareness of incoming freshmen so not all of them are complete idiots, or have awareness progress more than other attributes (which would probably be the most realistic way to do it)

2. Added in season progression. If players progressed a couple points during every season, we might not end up with a bunch of B teams as the top teams in college football.

I really hope they do make some sort of change. If not, I'll just have to deal with it. But I think I'd rather have a bunch of completely overpowered teams like in the past, rather than a bunch of mediocre teams like it is now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 03:09 AM   #26
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

They just need to come up with a formula where performance dictates progression.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I did a test today, lowering the AWR Rating of player's at each position to 0, while increasing positional ratings to 99 to see what the affect would be. Then I did the reverse, increasing the AWR to 99 and lowering positional ratings to 0 and this is what I found out:

With 0 AWR and 99 positional ratings, player's performed as though nothing had been altered. Player's actually performed as top athletes because of the 99 at positional ratings.

With 99 AWR and 0 positional ratings, player's performed poorly and reacted to plays without reasoning. (falling down, reacting to run 15 yrds past LOS)

This tells me that the AWR rating is being utilized in a manner contrary to how AWR has normally been used in sports games. The positional ratings determine how a player will play/react in gameplay, not AWR.

Also, there is a hidden potential rating that I believe is tied into this rating somehow. Maybe it determines how well a player will use his positional ratings.

Will need to test in dynasty to see what happens.
Maybe the positions you tested AWR isn't that important, but I have definatly seen a noticable difference in how CPU qb's with low awareness vs. high awareness perform when their physical attributes are close to one another.

Basically as mmorg said from what I have seen for CPU's QB's to be effective their awareness has to be at a decent level. Some QB's should have low awareness because some qb's are bad and shouldn't perform at a decent level, but a dynasty 4 years down the road where every QB has less than 70 awareness would not bode well for gameplay.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 07-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBizzle
What boat are you in? I see a lot of people have started there Dynasty's, are you guys just going to roll with how progression is this year or just starting to have something to do until a possible fix?

And for those who haven't started, is progression holding you back from starting?

I wanna get some opinions on this before I start. Is it really that bad?
No fix needed at all.
Just started year 2 in one OD and week 3 of a second OD.

Progression looks just fine to me. I would however like a FB game to base some progression on performance like previously stated. Other than that it's just fine the way it is IMO.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-21-2010, 06:00 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

dan and mgoblue are exactly right. I do not want a giant mess of B-rated teams. I also do not want a dozen A+ teams. Surely EA can find a middle ground between these two scenarios. It seems that they overcompensated for last year's player ratings.

Has anybody checked out whether the positional ratings differ between new recruits and the original rosters? Is it just AWR that is too low? If it's just AWR, it seems like it'd be a pretty simple fix to either raise freshman AWR or increase AWR progression...or some combination of the two.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #30
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

The one annoying thing is how most players come in with awful acceleration. I'm talking about WRs with 60 something Acceleration as 3 star players.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
The one annoying thing is how most players come in with awful acceleration. I'm talking about WRs with 60 something Acceleration as 3 star players.
I agree whats up with that. Not sure how much acceleration affects gameplay yet but it caught me by suprise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #32
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Just means they take longer to get to top speed...
I like that not every player is a cookie cutter copy of the next player with just a 1 or 2 point difference. Just because he's a WR doesn't mean he should fit into some standard rating. Again this makes you pay attention more to who you are recruiting. I'd rather have it like this than every WR in the 80's in their ratings.
To me *** should be decently lower than a **** or *****

Everyone keeps saying they want ratings to matter. Well if they are going to matter then what good does it do for everyone to be within 3-5 points of each other in every category.
IMO of course.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »