Home

Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

This is a discussion on Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Have you started your Dynasty or are you holding out for a progression fix?

I know what acceleration is I just wondered if you would notice a big difference in the performance of the WR recruits with low ratings. So far on the game guys seem to get open more by finding holes in the D vs. running away from DBs. So maybe the low rating wont matter as much.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #34
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

The bottom teams are too bad. Some of the teams don't have a player over 59 overall
Old 07-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 12

I've already started my Dynasty and just finished my first year. My only problem is that all but two of my recruits were 10-15 OVR points worse than my current players. I'm using Rice, so my average starter is in the 60-75 range, and all my recruits were in the 40-50 range. I recruited something like 10 3*'s, 4 2*'s, and 2 1*'s, but ended up cutting all but 2 3*'s because even with max progression they wouldn't be good enough to me starters on my team.

If they need to fix anything with Dynasty mode, I think they need to fix recruit Awareness ratings. Out of my 16 recruits, 15 had Awareness ratings in the 40's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
If they need to fix anything with Dynasty mode, I think they need to fix recruit Awareness ratings. Out of my 16 recruits, 15 had Awareness ratings in the 40's.
Check out the true freshmen on the default rosters. Most of them have 40 for Awareness. New recruits coming in with a 40 seems to be consistent with that.

Like another poster or two has said, I think the Awareness rating is the rating that needs to see the biggest increase from year to year. I mean, players aren't typically going to drastically increase their 40 times from season to season, but the experience (even if it's just riding the bench, the experience from all the practices) should be what drives the Awareness rating. I think almost all players should see a 10-15 pt Awareness increase every year. On the lower side if the player saw little to no playing time, and on the higher end if he saw significant playing time. I wouldn't even mind just a little infusion of randomness here and there, since this isn't an exact science we're talking about.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Maybe the positions you tested AWR isn't that important, but I have definatly seen a noticable difference in how CPU qb's with low awareness vs. high awareness perform when their physical attributes are close to one another.

Basically as mmorg said from what I have seen for CPU's QB's to be effective their awareness has to be at a decent level. Some QB's should have low awareness because some qb's are bad and shouldn't perform at a decent level, but a dynasty 4 years down the road where every QB has less than 70 awareness would not bode well for gameplay.
The iPhone pocket scout app puts ratings into 3 color coded categories. Red is for the most important ratings for a position, blue second most important, and white least important (but still relevant). Irrelevant ratings aren't even listed. AWR is a blue rating for QBs and Defensive Linemen. For all other positions, it is white. I'm not sure why it is considered so important for defensive lineman, but not for other defensive positions.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #38

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I like the idea of class and awareness being directly tied together. That is a perfect way to simulate a player gaining experience.

Freshman should come in the 40 to 50 range
Sophomores should be in the 50 to 70 range
Juniors in the 70 to 80 range
Seniors in the 80-99 range

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
The bottom teams are too bad. Some of the teams don't have a player over 59 overall
This is my biggest gripe. 5 years down the line the lower teams are just ridiculously bad where their best player is a 61. There is no justice for these schools. According to this, Ben Roethlisberger would be a 65 rated qb as a senior at Miami OH...right. Its really bad because simulated stats dont really reflect ratings which might justify it for EA. There was a 69 rated qb for Kentucky who threw for 4,000 yrds and 35 tds. IRL hes getting drafted but will he get into the imported madden file? Probably not.

3* and lower teams are screwed after the initial roster players graduate.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is honestly my biggest issue with the game. They overdid it this year. I'd prefer the mess of A+ teams last year over this crap. Can't wait to export my draft classes to madden to find out that my first round pick has an overall of 60 and an awareness of 30.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »