Home

recruiting 3-4 OLBs

This is a discussion on recruiting 3-4 OLBs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17
recruiting 3-4 OLBs

Has anyone had any success finding OLBs with the size and pass rushing ability to fit into a 3-4 scheme? If so, at what frequency? I'd find one every now and again in 10, but haven't really seen any in my ODs yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: recruiting 3-4 OLBs

From what I see, the OLBS dont have very high power move/finesse move ratings.

I think youre probably better off, finding faster pass rush DE's and position changing them, to OLB

The LBs all seem to fit the 4-3 mold.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Same holds true for trying to recruit 3-4 DE's. The prototype 6'3-6-5, 280-290 lb. DE's are very rare in my pursuit of them. Most of the DE's I find are usually smaller than some strong safeties (in weight). Most I run into are like 6'4" 220 lbs.

The fix for this I've found is to recruit the big pass rushing DT's that are in the 280-290 range and move them to DE.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
From what I see, the OLBS dont have very high power move/finesse move ratings.

I think youre probably better off, finding faster pass rush DE's and position changing them, to OLB

The LBs all seem to fit the 4-3 mold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDayD1978
Same holds true for trying to recruit 3-4 DE's. The prototype 6'3-6-5, 280-290 lb. DE's are very rare in my pursuit of them. Most of the DE's I find are usually smaller than some strong safeties (in weight). Most I run into are like 6'4" 220 lbs.

The fix for this I've found is to recruit the big pass rushing DT's that are in the 280-290 range and move them to DE.
This and this. In real life, most 3-4 OLBs are converted DEs and most 3-4 DEs are converted DTs.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDayD1978

This is what I am going to do for Maryland offline dynasty and then just recruit fast DE's to play OLB. The only difference i may have is to just find strong DT's and move them to De since my pass rush is going to come from my OLB in my scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
This is what I am going to do for Maryland offline dynasty and then just recruit fast DE's to play OLB. The only difference i may have is to just find strong DT's and move them to De since my pass rush is going to come from my OLB in my scheme.
I usually never had a problem finding the LB's to fit the 3-4 scheme. I usually like for my MLB's to be in the 240 lb range and my OLB's to be in the 230 lb range.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Anyone try changing DE's to LB's that you have recruited and seen what the recruiting change is? DT convert over ok as DE's for 3-4's, they may drop to 65-75 as a freshmen and progress nicely over their career, only reason why their overall isn't real high is lack of pass rush, which you don't really need.

I would be concerned that DE's would drop severly as OLB's because of the possible lack of covering skills.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Most of the problem with switching positions, is the awareness hit they take. I've had pretty good luck converting quick DT's to end. I actually have 4 nice DE/OLB signee's in my current recruiting class, i'll post back the results after I switch their positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »