Home

Running to easy?

This is a discussion on Running to easy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Running to easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Seems to me that it is. Default AA at least vs human opponent its way to easy to just run 30 times and throw 3 and win a game. Unless im missing something about run defense. To me it seems like it could be toned down some. Power running online vs someone seems to be the problem 2 TE or more, stuff like that, its just way to easy. Think it needs just a tweaking.
There I times I think the same thing. I've been playing mainly with Pro Style teams and I've just been pounding the rock consistently. But I haven't always won, nor have I found it easy to win. Maybe you and I are just really good at running the football.
Visit my Arena: www.operationsports.com/iamironman84/
Old 07-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Not too easy if your opponent uses run commit in selected areas. I thought it was until we tested run commit.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

How exactly do you do run commit on the 360? Any pointers? My defense is getting carved up in my dynasty (mostly due to the bad players I have).

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am talking about online vs humans not vs computer opponents. Most ppl I play online try to just run for the most part. Verse the computer it depends on who you are playing. What ways do you guys stop the power run game vs ppl online?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Its not that easy for me unless I play a Division II school in my dynasty. I think its a combination of your just playing guys online who cant play D and you being good at running it. For me with a mediocre Kentucky team 3rd and 3 isnt automatic if I run it against a decent team. I pass alot more. I think run commit is the big difference. That and the sliders.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
I thought it was a little too easy vs. my online opponents, as I began averaging over 200 yards a game...turns out all of those guys just couldn't defend the run as some guy (using West Virginia) came in a completely shut my running game down.
lemme guess. 3-3-5 with a linebacker taking down your rb in the backfield with shoelace tackles from behind. i know. it sucks. it takes rb's too long to get going when they get the ball. i think ea did this intentionally to make ballcarriers more patient to see holes opening up. i have to have a loaded line just to stop that one linebacker. sucks i tell you.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #15
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Not too easy if your opponent uses run commit in selected areas. I thought it was until we tested run commit.
How do you do that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Running may be too easy even on Heisman actually. It seems that they've made the OL blocking, especially pulling lineman, too effective.
Yep they finally paid attention to the guys up front.....

I like it because they boosted up the OL acceleration this year things i had been doing myself for the past 2-3 years with rosters.

What is does is allows the OL to get down field or out in space quicker to make blocks.

It can be easy to run with those ratings applied to the OL but you can always lower your Run Block sliders or increase the CPU's run defense slider to balance it out.

I'm just glad EA finally gave the OL some attention to detail this year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »