Home

Giving Away My Secrets.... Coaching, Yeah It's Still There...

This is a discussion on Giving Away My Secrets.... Coaching, Yeah It's Still There... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Giving Away My Secrets.... Coaching, Yeah It's Still There...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinolian
Here are several things I do;

1. Always set the D-line to aggressive, no draw backs found. It helps their levels go up because they make more plays. My d-line is always red by the 3rd quarter
2. Always set the WR catching to conservative; way too many drops in this game.
3. Against schools with better talent: set big hits to conservative so your crappy guys can actually tackle that beast RB consistently. Set the pass defense to conservative for more pass knockdowns so your dbs have a chance.
4. When the opponent is inside you 20: set the pass defense to aggressive, cause if you get beat its a TD anyways. May as well have a higher chance for a pick. Also set the zone coverage to aggressive, also because you cant get beat deep any more.
Unless its a big game I wont personally be messing with the settings when the opponent gets in the red zone but good idea. If its a tight game I will adjust my coaching more.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #18
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

As stated, there is no real drawback to setting your line at aggressive, but I did notice that one game I left it at balanced and my DE actually peeled off on a screen play, followed the back and broke up the play.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would think the only potential drawbacks would be vulnerability to screens and more offsides calls, but unfortunately I don't think the CPU is smart enough to do the former and offsides, like most penalties, just doesn't happen much in the game. I did just crank my slider up almost to the max though, so we'll see what happens.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:

1. Always set the D-line to aggressive, no draw backs found. It helps their levels go up because they make more plays. My d-line is always red by the 3rd quarter
3. Against schools with better talent: set big hits to conservative so your crappy guys can actually tackle that beast RB consistently. Set the pass defense to conservative for more pass knockdowns so your dbs have a chance.
4. When the opponent is inside you 20: set the pass defense to aggressive, cause if you get beat its a TD anyways. May as well have a higher chance for a pick. Also set the zone coverage to aggressive, also because you cant get beat deep any more.
I like your ideas regarding the situational gameplanning. I always set mine once and then just leave it that way for the rest of the game. (with the exception of clock management, which I set to conservative late in the game with a sizeable lead)

I leave everything at Normal or Balanced (forget what its called) and change the following:

DLine = Aggressive (trying to get some pressure up front)

Big Hits = Aggressive (it helps with my pass coverage as I notice more instances when the DB will deliver a good hit that will jar the ball loose from a WR on a potential catch)

Pass Catching = Conservative (like another posted stated, its to make up for the amount of drops)
Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #21
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Very good stuff here... This is the kind of stuff I hoped for. Sometimes though, it feels like cheating to use this stuff because so few know it exists and actually use it. Might have been better if they had cut it from the game, but at least if you're going to have it, advertise it all over the place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #22
Rookie

RiversIsMyHero's Arena

OVR: 3

Do you guys think the aggressive d-line is too powerful? I can't tell if I feel like it's cheating or not haha
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #23
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

"1. Always set the D-line to aggressive, no draw backs found. It helps their levels go up because they make more plays. My d-line is always red by the 3rd quarter"

Levels? I thought red meant tired... not hot or on fire?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
"1. Always set the D-line to aggressive, no draw backs found. It helps their levels go up because they make more plays. My d-line is always red by the 3rd quarter"

Levels? I thought red meant tired... not hot or on fire?

If you mean pushing down on the RS at the LOS red means full confidence.
Red at the playcall screen however means tired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »