Home

Running to easy?

This is a discussion on Running to easy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Running to easy?

Seems to me that it is. Default AA at least vs human opponent its way to easy to just run 30 times and throw 3 and win a game. Unless im missing something about run defense. To me it seems like it could be toned down some. Power running online vs someone seems to be the problem 2 TE or more, stuff like that, its just way to easy. Think it needs just a tweaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Running to easy?

Generally speaking, default AA has always been too easy and geared towards offense in Hum/Hum games.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:22 AM   #3
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2

Why would you want to run to Lake Easy?
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

There are lots of sliders available. Try them...
Old 07-20-2010, 06:26 AM   #5
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

I thought it was a little too easy vs. my online opponents, as I began averaging over 200 yards a game...turns out all of those guys just couldn't defend the run as some guy (using West Virginia) came in a completely shut my running game down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

You must be playing a different game than I am. If you are all playing on 360 then you are since I'm on PS3.

I play strictly Coach Mode but I find running to be anything but easy for myself or the CPU. In fact the run game is almost nonexistent. It's too easy to stop the CPU from running the ball (it would be much worse if I was a thumb jockey) and I can barely do much better myself. I've increased run block, lowered rush defense, increased RB ability, but it's not helping much especially with regards to the CPU yardage.

If the rest of you are playing on 360 then I wonder if there is a difference in gameplay between the two platforms. If not then I wonder what I'm doing wrong...
Old 07-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Running may be too easy even on Heisman actually. It seems that they've made the OL blocking, especially pulling lineman, too effective.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
Rookie

Upallnight's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
You must be playing a different game than I am. If you are all playing on 360 then you are since I'm on PS3.

I play strictly Coach Mode but I find running to be anything but easy for myself or the CPU. In fact the run game is almost nonexistent. It's too easy to stop the CPU from running the ball (it would be much worse if I was a thumb jockey) and I can barely do much better myself. I've increased run block, lowered rush defense, increased RB ability, but it's not helping much especially with regards to the CPU yardage.

If the rest of you are playing on 360 then I wonder if there is a difference in gameplay between the two platforms. If not then I wonder what I'm doing wrong...
well for one, you're not even playing the game if you're just calling plays. The running game is definitely easier for those who actually play the game and control their players. The blocking is just so good, the holes and cut back lanes so big sometimes. The compute ai just doesn't take advantage of all the great blocking like a human would and does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »