Home

Just purchased NCAA 11 off ebay..........

This is a discussion on Just purchased NCAA 11 off ebay.......... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Just purchased NCAA 11 off ebay..........

And I have a few questions.

1) I was looking in the rosters section and noticed that every roster seems to have ratings, positions, etc. edited. Is anyone using a file that only has the players "re-named" and thats it?

2) I played several games from the demo and with the final game already out, are there any major differences that I need to be aware of?

3) Since NCAA 11 wil be the first college game I have played in at least a decade or so, can someone tell me how many teams are in the NCAA and how many games is the regular season?

Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Just purchased NCAA 11 off ebay..........

Fairdale Kings' rosters are named only.

There are 120 teams in the game I believe, and 12 games in the season for most excluding championships and bowl games.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

how much did you pay?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Rookie

kmaxhokie's Arena

OVR: 5

1. If you use rosters made by FAIRDALE Kings then you will get rosters that are just named based off the original EA rosters. The OS Community roster will have rating changes and transfers on their rosters.

2. I didnt play much of the demo, just got the pro combat jerseys so I really can't help you there.

3. There are 120 schools in the game you can choose from and you have between 11 and 15 game for each school. (depending on conference and whether you make a bowl game or not).

BOATSNHOOOOOES
#14 Virginia Tech (10-3)
Year 1 - Champs Sports Bowl Champs
#10 Virginia Tech (11-2) Year 2 - Chick-fil-A Bowl Champs
Old 07-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owens81SF
And I have a few questions.

1) I was looking in the rosters section and noticed that every roster seems to have ratings, positions, etc. edited. Is anyone using a file that only has the players "re-named" and thats it?

Yes. I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters (360)

2) I played several games from the demo and with the final game already out, are there any positives and negatives gameplay wise I need to be aware of so I can expect them instead of getting mad when I see stuff happen that shouldnt?

I'll try and be as politically correct as I can.
If you look through the NCAA threads you'll see that evidently every single part of NCAA is broken...if you combine all the the threads with the extremely overused "Broken" word that is.

If you like NCAA Football....realise it's a video game and no video game is perfect...and finally look to have fun and not actively try and find issues with the game, then I'm confident you'll have some of the most fun in a FB game you've ever had.
Best thing for you is to play the game without even reading the threads. You'll probably not have 1% of any of the issues being posted. get yourself some nice slider settings and have fun.
Agian there are some small things but IMO it still plays a great game of FB. So to answer your question...there is nothing you need to be "aware" of to play the game, period.

3) Since NCAA 11 wil be the first college game I have played in at least a decade or so, can someone tell me how many teams are in the NCAA and how many games is the regular season?

100+ teams in the game and teams have 11 or 12 games for the most part....

Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Fairdale Kings' rosters are named only.

There are 120 teams in the game I believe, and 12 games in the season for most excluding championships and bowl games.
Great, thanks. I'll have to download Kings roster later today. And damn, 120 teams. Has it always been that many? And how does the scheduling work? Is it rotational like in the NFL or based on records or something else? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
how much did you pay?
$49.00 factory sealed and includes shipping. I'm expecting it later this week and hopefully get it by Saturday since I hate waiting until Monday. LOL.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
Banned

Skyboxer -

Thanks for the imput and advice. I played the demo for a few days and I was having fun playing it so I figured what the hell, mine as well buy it and see how the full game is.

And I should have been clearer in my opening post, I purchased NCAA 11 for PS3. I'm assuming Kings roster is just for 360 so is there any roster for PS3 that just has the players renamed and thats it? Thanks.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

PS3 rosters : Steelerfan1933

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »