Home

How accurate is Pocket Scout College Football for seeing recruit ratings?

This is a discussion on How accurate is Pocket Scout College Football for seeing recruit ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How accurate is Pocket Scout College Football for seeing recruit ratings?

I saw this ap on Itunes store while I was searching on my new Iphone 4, and I was wondering how does this app work, and how does it work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How accurate is Pocket Scout College Football for seeing recruit ratings?

v1.1 that is in the AppStore right now tends to be give a number that is a few points lower than what the player actually is rated. The equations were done without any players to test on since it was done before release day. v1.1 was meant to give players something that supported 2011.

Now v1.2 is optimized for 2011. After being able to run 100 players through the app I was able to see some trends, tweak numbers a little to better match players actual ovr. Nothing will be perfect since we are dealing with unknows, but v1.2 is pretty impressive and 85% of the time will be within a point or two of the players actual rating. With that said it is in the approval process right now and should be up in the store wednesday or Thursday. It also adds lanscape view to the app.

As soon as it arrives in the AppStore I will be sending in v1.3 with a couple more slight formula tweaks and it also adds the coaching contract app in my signature to the app as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

edit: Also the demo does not have the optimized equations and is more for showing the function of the app and nots its full power. I will be sending in the update for it in a couple days as well that is more inline with v1.3

Last edited by PocketScout; 07-20-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
v1.1 that is in the AppStore right now tends to be give a number that is a few points lower than what the player actually is rated. The equations were done without any players to test on since it was done before release day. v1.1 was meant to give players something that supported 2011.

Now v1.2 is optimized for 2011. After being able to run 100 players through the app I was able to see some trends, tweak numbers a little to better match players actual ovr. Nothing will be perfect since we are dealing with unknows, but v1.2 is pretty impressive and 85% of the time will be within a point or two of the players actual rating. With that said it is in the approval process right now and should be up in the store wednesday or Thursday. It also adds lanscape view to the app.

As soon as it arrives in the AppStore I will be sending in v1.3 with a couple more slight formula tweaks and it also adds the coaching contract app in my signature to the app as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

edit: Also the demo does not have the optimized equations and is more for showing the function of the app and nots its full power. I will be sending in the update for it in a couple days as well that is more inline with v1.3

Ok so you figured out all the math equations that generate the player ratings?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Yes that's what I did. The thhing is you can not get an exact number because in recruiting you are given grades for each attribute. These grades equate to a range. Like a C is from 75 to 72. But a d- is 59 to 40. The more D-'s a player has the larger range from there lowest and highest possible rating. With that said I have found patterns that allowed y to tweak theequations a tiny bit to give very accurate results. Right now the biggest issue for v1.3 is to fix the math for 1 star players. Right now the app rates them a little to high 3-6 pts huger than they come in. Most ppl will not recruit them anyways but I still will have it fixed.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Any chance this gets to PC or android in the near future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

I will start porting it over to the android around the end of august. I have not written pure java before so I am unsure how long it will take. But I also had never written in objective c before and that dint take anytime to pick some I'm not very worried about the technical side of it. The biggest issue will be finding time to get it done and test it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »