Home

Is there any way to make use of 2 QBs and a great HB at once ?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to make use of 2 QBs and a great HB at once ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Is there any way to make use of 2 QBs and a great HB at once ?

at the risk at getting on everyones nerves : Can someone give me any advice on what playbook/formations/plays to run in case i want to make use of 2 QBs ?
Both are sophomores that used their redshirt and are rated 83 overall (2nd and 3rd best players on my team ).

One has 88 THP and 86 THA and is a good runner (77 speed, 75 Agi, 78 Acc) with a 79 Break Tackle rating, 75 Spin Move and 84 Juke Move. Has a low carrying rating (49, higher risk of fumbles, right ?).
The other has just a 79 for THP but 89 for THA, has 90 speed, 88 Agility and 89 Acc but only around 70 for spin and juke move and 64 break tackle (but highery carrying rating at 76).

I also have a 95 rated senior HB (transfer) and a good (but not spectacular) set of WRs (5 guys between 70 and 80 OVRL).

My offensive line is average at best and crappy at worst.

Any help would be highly apreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Is there any way to make use of 2 QBs and a great HB at once ?

Triple option. Depending on what kind of HB you have, you might put him in the FB slot so that he can take the carries up the middle.

Triple option, if you're run heavy, will make use of both of your QBs because you can sub one out when the other gets tired, as has a tendency to happen in option heavy teams.

Best option though is to redshirt one of them. Or.. instead of having two great QBs and one great HB, have two great HBs and one great QB.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Best option though is to redshirt one of them.
They have both already used their redshirts.

You can run an Oregon/Florida/Miss St. type of spread and always have a fresh QB in and even rotate one of the QBs in at Halfback and run HB pass plays. That's an interesting situation you have there so try and be inventive with it.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

You could also use any type of wildcat or formation subs...thats one of the beauties of this game, you can sub in different players in different formations--also with the wildcat (many teams have it,Rutgers, Mizzou, Bama, etc.) you can sub in the backup QB, or starter and have the RB on the wing motioning for the handoff option. I've tried this before, one you get it to work, its pretty sexy.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Little update : I went with a somewhat "conservative" strategy choosing Michiganīs playbook and have the more speedy and reliable (but less skilled) runner at QB in 3/4 of the shotgun formations (especially 5 WR set and stuff like that) where he can make full use of his speed and accurate passing.

The other QB (whoīs a junior afterall, could have sworn he was a Soph) though still gets the majority of snaps, with the sophomore QB also being the HB in a few formations (my star HB has respectable receiving skills and can play there as well and in 2 HB sets it works as well).

Through 3 games (2-1, close loss to No15 Florida) the Junior has 500 Yards passing and 7 TDs, the sophomore has 280 with 2 TDs and 170 yards rushing with 2 TDs.
My HB has 270 yards rushing (3TDs) and 110 yards receiving.

highlight play so far :

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/24428744

(donīt ask me about that weird jump at the end, inadvertantly pushed the button ...)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »