Home

Blocking Kicks

This is a discussion on Blocking Kicks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Blocking Kicks

i've nearly blocked kicks before but never punts..
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

During the demo I tackled the holder. I was using the ROLB and swooped around to the left side of the defense (going from left side of screen to the right) and timed it just right, I kept going and i tackled the holder. Guess it just takes perfect timing. Also, in 10 my computer controlled player blocked a punt. One time mind you...
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

The issue with a lack of blocks on Field Goals is a lack of trajectory. For longer field goals you should have the ball hitting at a much, MUCH lower angle and see more blocks of those types of kicks.

The issue with a lack of blocks on Punts is more simple, the punter animation is simply too fast. Perhaps they could put in 10 different punter animations, all of varying speeds, and tie the punters speed of animation to the punter rating?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #20
Rookie

pontiff31's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskfan4lyfe
Are you guys serious? Blocking kicks on last years game was way too easy. You would line up right beside the NT and then the gap would just open up and you come in and jump and actually catch it. On madden and ncaa my friends would even kick field goals unless they could put the kicking thing all the way up.

However, on this years game just use the guy on the outside and time it correctly and you can dive in and block it. Alot harder than last year though, but my friend has blocked 2 and barely missed on some.
What guy to the outside?? The one all the way to the left or right? Like is it the opposite side of where the FB lines up? N what formation u use. Like "Punt return right" or "Punt return middle",etc

FOREVER LSU!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #21
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I blocked a field goal last night in the demo.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

never blocked a kick in last year or this year so far. I really have come to the point i dont even try anymore. I forget what NCAA it was 08 maybe? but i was able to block kicks at will...it really became a joke. They had that jump the snap thing. Anyway EA just went all the way to the other end where it is impossible now.

I dont understand how the CPU can kick a 55 yard field goal 20 yards in the air. Be realistic EA and make em kick it low like it really is. How hard can that really be to put in the game. Oh well this game is pretty good and once the patch comes out it will only make it better!!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiff31
What guy to the outside?? The one all the way to the left or right? Like is it the opposite side of where the FB lines up? N what formation u use. Like "Punt return right" or "Punt return middle",etc
For Field Goals

Select Field Goal block
Switch to the outside guy on the right side of the screen
Should be a corner?
Just time it correctly and then sprint in and dive to block it.

The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love. ~Bryant Gumbel, 1981
Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Put the guy there with the fastest acceleration I presume? Or the fastest speed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »