Home

Offline Dynasty: Ranking Issues?

This is a discussion on Offline Dynasty: Ranking Issues? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Offline Dynasty: Ranking Issues?

So I'm playing my Offline Dynasty and the Longhorns are 10-0. So you would think National Championship game right? Well they are 10-0 and ranked 4th!!! Who's ahead of them?

Ohio State - I understand
Michigan State and Washington - I don't understand

Now if I had my usual schedule I would understand but I changed three of my none conference games. I added North Texas (I just like that college), Georgia Tech, and Notre Dame... which is always Nationally Televised.

COME ON!!! If I beat Texas A&M and then when my Conference Championship and STILL do not make the National Championship I'll be pissed.

I'm playing on All American now but might bump up the difficulty. 10-0 and my D has held my opponents to 59 total points all year... which is another reason i should be ranked higher.

I started the season ranked 3rd! How did I drop?

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Offline Dynasty: Ranking Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
So I'm playing my Offline Dynasty and the Longhorns are 10-0. So you would think National Championship game right? Well they are 10-0 and ranked 4th!!! Who's ahead of them?

Ohio State - I understand
Michigan State and Washington - I don't understand

Now if I had my usual schedule I would understand but I changed three of my none conference games. I added North Texas (I just like that college), Georgia Tech, and Notre Dame... which is always Nationally Televised.

COME ON!!! If I beat Texas A&M and then when my Conference Championship and STILL do not make the National Championship I'll be pissed.

I'm playing on All American now but might bump up the difficulty. 10-0 and my D has held my opponents to 59 total points all year... which is another reason i should be ranked higher.

I started the season ranked 3rd! How did I drop?

Thoughts?
Question is a little too personal. Nobody cares if you got jabbed in your ranking in your dynasty. Not trying to be mean just calling it as I see it.

Besides the season isnt even over yet. Wait until its over things will probably work out.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

Is this the BCS ranking you are talking about? What are the records of MSU and UW?

I haven't noticed a problem with the rankings, but you're farther along than I am.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

Getting snubbed in the BCS seems pretty realistic to me
Old 07-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
Getting snubbed in the BCS seems pretty realistic to me
Amen brother.

This is across the board rankings. I'm ranked 4th in all the polls. Michigan State and Washington are undefeated as well but they have not dominated like I have. I wonder if me dominating has hurt... Hmmm.

Dominating did not hurt OU in real life the year we beat them and they still went to the National Championship game and not us. BCS is so trash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

Gotta the BCS... should just be renamed to BS. Lol.

So far I haven't seen anything drastic. Year One of my dynasty and Ohio St is number 1, Bama is 2. It will be simmed tonight after I play my Orange Bowl game against Oregon.

There were only 4 undefeated teams in year one (Ohio State, Bama, Texas and Boise). Ohio was ranked over Texas. Maybe a common ranking for year one for simmed games. Ohio St. might just get more love this year.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

Remember that point differential/running up the score was removed from a factor in BCS rankings.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

In the first RTG I played as Arkansas. Went 12-1 losing only AT Georgia in week 3.

Finished 9th in the BCS poll.

There were 4 undefeated teams, three from BCS conferences, so those are okay...the 4th was Nevada. Undefeated Nevada doesn't get ranked higher than 12-1 SEC champion even if it's Vanderbilt.

There were two 1-loss teams. Alabama and Boise State. For Some reason, Boise State only played 11 games. But Boise State starts ranked #5, so I can see how there is some sort of game logic that would keep them ranked ahead of me, especially if their loss was also early. But Alabama... I beat Alabama, I won the division they play in, and I won the conference they play in...

There were TWO 2-loss teams. One of them was Wisconsin. The other was TCU (who only played 11 games, so they went 9-2). A 12-1 SEC champion won't be ranked lower than a 2-loss team in any other conference any time soon. And they DEFINITELY not a 2-loss team in a non-BCS conference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »