Home

The lack of cpu running ability

This is a discussion on The lack of cpu running ability within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
The lack of cpu running ability

I think it's due to the ball carrier always covering up the ball. Anyone else notice this when playing the cpu. When they cover the ball (which is almost always in free space) it slows them down and allows my defender to catch them. Just wondering if I'm the only one noticing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: The lack of cpu running ability

I saw Noel Devine break a 70+ yard run on me covering the ball all the way...my players still couldn't catch up to him.

But...yes, he was covering it all the way, and if my players weren't so badly out of position or so slow, I would have been able to catch him most likely.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Check out the slider section because with slider tweaks the CPU can run all over you
Old 07-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

I played a few games against WI to test the running. AA, 8 minute quarters.

I found that mid level to lower mid level teams could do pretty good to hold Clay in check and I could stay in the game (about 5 ypc). With a good team, FL, I am pretty sure I held him to around 3.1 ypc.

With poor teams, Clay ran all over me, averaging near 10 ypc and WI crushed me. The only thing I guess I really have to say is that I think he should have performed a little better against mid to lower mid level teams and I should have lost to WI in those games rather than beating them by about 3 points.

On the flip side, when I used WI I was crushing all opponents and had to adjust running sliders in favor of the CPU Defense to compensate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »