Home

Espn Classic Games

This is a discussion on Espn Classic Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Espn Classic Games

Whats up everyone, I just got done playing my personal greatest "classic game" a three overtime thriller. 39-36 washington (me) over arkansas. In which it gave me a score of 1723pts.

Just curious what everyone else's high score is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Hector187's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Espn Classic Games

I had a game in my dynasty playing against Ohio State. I was Miami and was down 21-17 late in the 4th, on 3rd and 6 I hit my FB in the flats for a scroe with less than 50 seconds to go. OSU then gets down to the 1 on their first play because I went for a pick instead of knocking it down. They scored the next play and I was losing again, 28-24, this time with just 15 seconds left. I get the ball and call "All Verticals" and I see LaRon Byrd wide open, throw the ball his way and just gets to him before the defender tips it. I took it to the house with only 8 seconds left and ended up winning the game 31-28. Got a score of 2292 pts.

Was a pretty exciting game, got some highlights from the game just haven't uploaded 'em to EASW yet.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Banned

msajeff's Arena

OVR: 2

As a heavy underdog I was down 21-3 early in the 3rd as Minnesota and came back to beat Penn State 24-21. The odd thing was that it didn't qualify as an Instant Classic which I thought was really weird.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I got an ESPN Classic for this Online Dynasty game between Texas and Georgia Tech. I played as Texas... not sure what the score was for it but here is the Online Dynasty article my opponent wrote afterward...

GT fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But, only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"

You can add another one to the list: "When the football gods smile on you, just kill the clock and kick the f***'in' FG."

In a bitter loss that will be talked about on the Flats for a long, long time, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets made a blunder of **** proportions, and the Texas Longhorns made them pay.

After taking a comfortable 20-6 lead early in the 3rd quarter, Tech had pinned the Longhorns on their own 1 yard line and were going in for the kill. Until Texas QB Sherrod Harris connected with WR John Chiles on a streak route down the right sideline for an unbelievable 99-yard catch and run that started to change the momentum of the game.

Entering the 4th quarter with a 7 point lead and the ball, Tech was driving to extend its lead when the Longhorns came up with another huge play - this time a 74-yard fumble return for TD to even the score.

After a quick 3 and out, Texas extended their lead by 7 when HB Tre Newton broke open a huge TD run.

Tech took the field with just over 3 minutes left to play, needing a TD to take the game to OT. Their prayers seemed to have been answered when QB Josh Nesbitt connected with HB Roddy Jones for a 50 yard TD catch over the middle with only 51 seconds left.

With both coaches anticipating OT, Texas promptly fumbled the ensuing kickoff, effectively giving the game to the Yellow Jackets with less than a minute to play.

But in an inexplicable series of play calls, rather than simply kneeling the ball and forcing the Longhorns to burn through their timeouts, the Yellow Jackets decided to run the ball - with devestating consequences.

On the first run, Tech's star QB went down with an injury that will keep him sidelined for at least 3 weeks. And, with only 6 seconds left, on what should have been the next to last play of the game, backup QB Tevin Washington had the football stripped from his grasp with his knee just inches from the turf, and SS Christian Scott ran the resulting fumble back 77-yards for the game winning TD.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

How does this work exactly?? How do you get points??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
Pro

br329's Arena

OVR: 9

My game against Pitt in dynasty. Pitt got the ball with about 1:30 left and drove 80 yards for a td with 15 seconds left. So i get the ball at the 20 then get a quick pass to move up passed the 40. So for the last play i rolled out and just bombed it to Michael Floyd and he comes down with it! Best game I've ever played the score was 2557 points!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

My very first game was. I was down 28-7 to VT with Miami late in the 3rd. I got a spark all of a sudden and won in overtime with something like 34-47 or something like that.

Got around 2,700 Points

― Plato
Old 07-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have only three games that qualified for ESPN Classics and they are all under 1000 points. You guys must be playing some really awesome games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »