Home

Found A "HUGE" Issue with Dynasty Recruiting

This is a discussion on Found A "HUGE" Issue with Dynasty Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
MattUMD224

OVR:
Found A "HUGE" Issue with Dynasty Recruiting

And it involved the Quarterback position. I have simmed 4 years into dynasty to see how players are progressing (I edit my own rosters). I just went through every team to see how things are looking with the progression of the Re-Rated Quarterbacks and they are VERY VERY good. But the issue is teams recruitment of Quarterbacks. They are overflowing with them and these teams are only loading up on 5-7 OL per year.

1 QB-
2 QB-
3 QB- 20
4 QB- 27
5 QB- 34
6 QB- 18
7 QB- 10
8 QB- 6
9 QB- 4
10 QB- 1

The lower rated teams were not the only teams with lots of QB because of Walk-Ons. I saw numerous 4 Star teams having lots of Quarterbacks. Since we have tuning options I think this could be a easy thing to fix.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Found A "HUGE" Issue with Dynasty Recruiting

TEN quarterbacks on a team? You're kidding, right?
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
And it involved the Quarterback position. I have simmed 4 years into dynasty to see how players are progressing (I edit my own rosters). I just went through every team to see how things are looking with the progression of the Re-Rated Quarterbacks and they are VERY VERY good. But the issue is teams recruitment of Quarterbacks. They are overflowing with them and these teams are only loading up on 5-7 OL per year.

1 QB-
2 QB-
3 QB- 20
4 QB- 27
5 QB- 34
6 QB- 18
7 QB- 10
8 QB- 6
9 QB- 4
10 QB- 1

The lower rated teams were not the only teams with lots of QB because of Walk-Ons. I saw numerous 4 Star teams having lots of Quarterbacks. Since we have tuning options I think this could be a easy thing to fix.
Probably could be patched, but honestly, what are the odds they'll even touch this, i say 0%.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

In last year's game I played a team in my dynasty that had literally 25 CB's with what appeared to be walk-ons at TE,OL,DL and LB. I doubt that it'll be fixed in a patch.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #5
MattUMD224

OVR:

I'm doing another simulation now to see results.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

this in general is part of the reason why the lower prestige teams really suck later on, i would expect a 3* QB to go a couple teams down on his list rather than signing with a team where he´s 7th on the depth chart.

In real life i think that Positions like QB and HB are actually filled with good players even at smaller programs, the problem starts in "depth-positions" like the Oline where they may have 1 or 2 serviceable guys but also 2 or 3 guys that are just totally outmatched on most nights.

a 1 or 2 star CPU controlled program in the game will basically never sign a 3 star player, i´d like for them to be able to "pick up the scraps" at the skills positions at least .
Old 07-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Sadly this is an important thing which hurts teams later on.

Your roster size is 70.

If you are developing 10 QBS, that means you are taking away 6-7 spots from developing other players.

Development is important (ie redshirt), so you don't just get a 60 rated freshman and have to throw him in your lineup.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Please make sure this gets noticed by the NCAA devs. Things like this will kill replay value for all serious dynasty mode players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »