Home

Is Dynasty ruined down the road?

This is a discussion on Is Dynasty ruined down the road? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Is Dynasty ruined down the road?

I've seen several posts about horrible recruit ratings, slow progression, all the teams being B's and the have-nots being absolutely awful (ie best players being low 60 guys), so to me this says that Dynasty may not be worth playing for more than a year or two.

Admittedly, I haven't gotten past the first season of my dynasty yet, and I was wondering what kind of ratings recruits are actually coming in at.

Was also wondering if you guys think the horribly low ratings of so many freshman or the slow progression is what bogs the rosters down so much? Or is it a combination of both.

I ask these questions because I wonder if EA will tune/patch recruiting to make it so there aren't a bunch of recruits coming in in the 40's and 50's, and on top of that they have no chance of getting much better.

Does this ruin dynasty for anyone else? Because if this is what's happening I have no reason to play this or Madden because the only reason I play Madden is to use the guys from my draft classes, and these abysmal ratings are going to screw up draft classes royally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is Dynasty ruined down the road?

I was also reading on another forum that teams coming off of National Championship victories end up with very low ranked recruiting classes, whereas teams finishing with losing records having pretty solid classes.

Is this somethingg that could possibly be tuned/patched?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

I will take that over every 5 star recruit developing into a 99.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
Pro

khaled's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I will take that over every 5 star recruit developing into a 99.
I had a 3 star CB come on as a 64, and a 5 star come in as a 75, so I don't know how he'll get up to the 90s.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

In previous years, after a few years of dynasty the ratings became extremely inflated. I would prefer to few 99 rated players over too many is what I was saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

Also that is more realistic, Do you have any idea how many 5 stars come in and just bust? Yea, it sucks when it happens to you but it happens in real life. If its in the game, it's in the game?
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #7
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

The way it is this year is a lot better than last year. I think progression could be turned up just a tiny bit and it would be perfect. How many true freshman and sophomores are outright stars IRL. Not many and the game reflects that as well. Most schools redshirt kids and develop them. I see no problem with players coming in rated in the low 60s and 50s with a star sprinkled in here or there like it is. But I do think the players should progress just a tiny bit more over there 4/5 years in the game.

It's not unplayable in later years so don't be afraid to start up a dynasty. Its a change but nothing that will make you walk away from the game. The default rosters are a little inflated and the rosters later on never get back to that point. I tiny bit more progression would bring it back to the default roster area and I think that's why people are complaining about. That the rosters as a whole don't make it back to that level. Again it's not unplayable by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

I just don't see how people can say there is nothing wrong. I would be fine with these ratings if the players were not so dumb and the AWR rating would go as they play. I don't know if it is just the game but my D seems really stupid. Like my CB has the WR completely covered but the Qb throws the ball right to them and my CB ducks and lets the WR catch the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »