Home

After a little over a week, I'll tell you what I've figured out playing on heisman.

This is a discussion on After a little over a week, I'll tell you what I've figured out playing on heisman. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: After a little over a week, I'll tell you what I've figured out playing on heisma

For people that time the snap count, how are you doing that? Just guessing? I don't hear the CPU QB actually saying anything, but they usually snap the ball one second after they get set, so I guess you could try to start your blitz just before that. I'm still having a lot of trouble getting good pressure, though I did manage two sacks in my last game, which is twice as many as I had in the three games before that combined.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: After a little over a week, I'll tell you what I've figured out playing on heisma

havent started a off line dynasty yet..but as far as heisman goes, it really just comes down to being smart, and being patient.

One thing that I never see anyone mention, is doing just common sense things like leaving backs, TEs, and even reciever to block...varying up your snap count, or simply just throwing the ball away to live and fight another down.

Heisman you really have to play with your head, because the CPU will take the first chance they get, to jam you up with a plunger.

IVe played 2 full games on Heisman with ND..I beat Stanford 38-18, I had sacks, turnovers, and a efficient offense.

I then tried to take ND on the road vs Ohio State.

I got down 10-0 early, I started to press somewhat, and thats when the Heisman snowball destroys you.

Before I blink, its 24-0 in the 1st half.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
i have ZERO patience for Heisman....Varsity with some sweet sliders (thanks Playmakers) give a better/realistic game overall that heisman. It can also be much much tougher overall than heisman without the cheap crap.
I am not trying to be cocky or anything, but I just do not see how varsity can give any kind of challenge, even with sliders. I like the way AA plays but have not really had any close games. My problem with NCAA is it gets old after a while when you win the NC every year. I want a challenge without feeling cheated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 12

I have almost finished my first season on Heisman.

I've found it to be very enjoyable and somewhat competitive. I had a few games that could have gone either way down to the very end.

Ive found having a good balance on offense and defense have been the keys to my success. I mix up my plays. usually have a different game plan each game based on my opponent. I try and get a match up advantage by using packages and spreading the ball out to different guys.

On defense I just play the situation. If you call the right zone it can be useful, but the problem with the zone is that if you dont get pressure on the QB and give him time, he will find the open man. Zones break down with no pressure applied. Also, you have to line up right to play the zone correctly. Flip the play, so that your zone is covering the strong side of the defense on cover 3 and 4s. Many times you have to use defensive hot routes, as many of your "vanilla" zones are leaving gaps against trips & loaded sets.

You also need to shift your line, linebackers, and safeties to be in the correct position. You really have to develop a defensive philosophy. While Heisman has its weaknesses, it does help you prepare to play live opponents the more you practice and play.

You have to remember that 75% or more of the game is played on the hash marks. Most often you will see formations to the wide side of the field rather than the boundary. This gives the defense an advantage as the boundary is now your twelfth man.

One of your key defensive fundamentals is to make sure you align properly. Many zones have players covering the flat from the slot lined up on a slot receiver. If you know the tendencies of the offense and haven't seen a route to the slot, its much better to hot route that defender in to a hook or deep zone. It's fairly easy to hot route a couple players prior to the snap.

I tend to play zone on first and second down. With an aggressive man blitz on 3rd down, but it always changes based on what the offense likes to do. This game is all about adjustments on the fly, which is what makes it so much fun to play. In the past players could sit in one defensive formation and run the same play the entire game, with some amount of success, but in this game, that is less likely to be the case.

The more you practice on the Heisman level the better your game will be. It's not cheap, there isn't major boost, it's just a difficulty level that makes you adapt in my opinion.

If they can get the problem fixed where the HB will normally take the inside lane, rather than bounce it outside, Heisman will be damn near the perfect playing experience for me.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

my early experiences with heisman are similar to some of those of others on here.. i feel that heisman games are almost always winnable when using the top tier teams.. ie: ohio st, ala, miami... but when trying a team a lil further down the block.. ie: UVA . it becomes almost overwhelmingly challenging when playing teams that are superior or even equal..
I've played about 5 play nows and my results were as follows:
Me: Pitt 10 CPU: Cincinatti 24
Me: Auburn 24 CPU: Tenn 10
Me: WVU 14 CPU: Virginia Tech 31
Me: OSU 21 CPU: Miami 14

just seems like if you fall behind on heisman it's much more difficult to come back. In last years game i could run the ball with avg teams on heisman when down and mount a comeback. this year it seems that much harder to do so.. Also the pass protection on heisman is very poor so i find it much easier to use a mobile qb.. pass coverage can be horrible at times and i can't stand when i fumble repeatedly on opening kickoffs.. i do not use auto sprint either because while its cool on offense while on Defense it makes players harder to control IMO...

either way i've always luved a challenge so I'll continue to roll on heisman in play now until great rosters come out.. by then i should be ready to start an online dynasty on heisman..

hometown: PITTSBURGH

RESIDE IN: FLORIDA

NFL: STEELERS
NCAA: PITT
NHL: PENGUINS
NBA: LAKERS
Old 07-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Those who are having decent Heisman games.... What are your current slider and gameplay settings?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

If you're having problem with the pressure, don't forget to adjust your gameplan to aggressive on d-line and use your "pass committ" in on long passing downs. Squeeze left trigger and up on the right stick.

I've only had one game where I didn't record a sack. I got 4 against a tough Ohio State line last night and completely decimated Matt Simms from Tennessee. I got 16 knockdowns, 21 pressures, and 8 sacks.

You have to be sound in your drops and get the right depth. The offense is going to convert from time to time. But it's all in the learning curve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #16
Rookie

guitarchitect7's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
havent started a off line dynasty yet..but as far as heisman goes, it really just comes down to being smart, and being patient.

One thing that I never see anyone mention, is doing just common sense things like leaving backs, TEs, and even reciever to block...varying up your snap count, or simply just throwing the ball away to live and fight another down.

Heisman you really have to play with your head, because the CPU will take the first chance they get, to jam you up with a plunger.

IVe played 2 full games on Heisman with ND..I beat Stanford 38-18, I had sacks, turnovers, and a efficient offense.

I then tried to take ND on the road vs Ohio State.

I got down 10-0 early, I started to press somewhat, and thats when the Heisman snowball destroys you.

Before I blink, its 24-0 in the 1st half.
I would agree with all of this. I've played one game on AA and to me the CPU was just too dumb on certain plays. Heisman has been the way to go for me. Sure I've had to modify sliders to stop some of the cheating, but it has added realism to the game along with the intelligence the CPU gains.

You are forced to make better play calls. Audibles are a must, reading the coverage - blitz or not, and adjusting accordingly. You can't expect to throw over the middle ever play, nor go long. Screens come in handy a lot, and quick slants and wheel routes help break off coverage.

I constantly am hot routing my RB to block instead of all these flat routes, and hot routing my WR to where I think I can get a good shot - even if it means one on one and not wide open.

Blitzing on def. is also a must otherwise the QB will have all day. You have to force them to make bad passes you can't just expect them to make them. You will get burned, you will miss tackles, and you will give up points, but that doesn't mean you still can't win and have an enjoyable game.

Two examples.
Michigan vs Western Michigan: 45-7.
SMU vs Rice: 22-20.

Both on Heisman, both really fun games because of the realistic outcomes.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
NCAA: Iowa State Cyclones

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »