Home

The Air Raid Offense

This is a discussion on The Air Raid Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #73
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: The Air Raid Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Fellow Air Raiders.

Which personnel package do you guys choose for your base if you run the uptempo no-huddle style?

I'm thinking of using the 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 HB as a default. I like the idea of having the TE in there for run blocking. Ideally I would like to have one that can block a little, beat a LB (in the dual back Shotgun formations & off the LOS) and hold his own in the slot (4WR sets). Sadly ASU does not have such a talent (he's no Zach Miller).
depends on the personnel I suppose. for Texas Tech, their TE is basically a WR, so he is able to do well in a 4WR formation. I've also started with 2 HB 2 WR 1 TE set(Shotgun - Split Y-Flex). the HB does pretty well in the slot as well if i use a 4 WR set. and with that set, I can actually use I-Form(or Strong/Weak I) during the no-huddle to really mix things up.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #74
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon10 Re: The Air Raid Offense

Since I am new to the "Air Raid" offense. I like starting out in 5 wide!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #75
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been following this thread with great interest...

I just got the game today and will be starting a dynasty after the first patch drops...

I'm not nearly as familiar with NCAA football as Pro so my question is:

Could I run this with FSU?

What Playbooks would work well with that team and this O?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I've been following this thread with great interest...

I just got the game today and will be starting a dynasty after the first patch drops...

I'm not nearly as familiar with NCAA football as Pro so my question is:

Could I run this with FSU?

What Playbooks would work well with that team and this O?

Thanks!
Pro Style.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I love this scheme in the NCAA game. Since the Run & Shoot only has a few actual R&S plays I turned to this and so far I have done the following...

In 2 On-Line Dynasty's - One is bigger schools... Bama - Florida - USC - Texas... I am Mizzou in that one... Sun Belt - I am Arkansas State in that one. I was 1-1 w/ Mizzou and 2-3 w/ Ark. St. Switched to Air Raid and am 2-0 w/ Mizzou and 2-0 w/ Ark. St.

Have had several L-O-N-G drives... 12 plays... 14 plays... 15 plays... had one drive that covered 98 yards in 17 plays and took an amazing 7:44 off the clock.

Both OD QB's lead the league in passing yards and TD's. As Ark. St. I have had TD passes of 96 - 91 -90 - 89 - 84 and 81 yards. So it can score quickly too.

Really cool to hear Texas Tech QB Steven Sheffield say that the Air Raid in the game has several actual TT plays.

Is that why you went Air Raid over R&S?

I have the R&S rolling pretty nice with Hawaii's playbook, but you are right..there are only maybe 6 "true" run & shoot plays in the playbook

I'll give "The Raid" a try tonight in some online ranked games, and when I start my offline dynasty this evening.

which air-raid playbook do you find the most dynamic?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 15

After running the RnS for a few weeks, the Air Raid's been a tough switch. I like the vertical aspect to the RnS. The Air Raid seems like a very dink and dunk kind of offense. If my QB lacked to arm to hit all those deep patterns I use in my RnS, I'd probably enjoy the Air Raid more, but my team has the talent to move the ball and make big plays with regularity.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #79
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon10 Re: The Air Raid Offense

Loving the Air Raid, played two unranked games with Tenn with Houston pb and made both quit!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #80
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Pro Style.
I'm trying to get away from Pro style, b/c that's what I'll be using in Madden, so I 'd like to find suggestions for teams that are made for:

Air Raid
Run and Shoot
Spread

I'd prefer to use a middle rated team from a big conference, b/c I'm not a strong enough player to rehab a really low rated team and I like the atmosphere of the big conferences...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »