Home

Dynasty Mode: What needs patching

This is a discussion on Dynasty Mode: What needs patching within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Dynasty Mode: What needs patching

Progression is not the problem.

There are two major problems that need to be patched. If these TWO issues are fixed, Dynasty Mode will be in good shape.

* Teams must pay attention to their needs and their short positions. If a team already has 4 Strong Safeties, it should forgot targeting ANY more strong safeties. If a team only has 2 WRs, it should go after at least 4.

* Playing time is a pitch, but on top of that players should lose interest in any team on a weekly basis that have a plethora of players on the team. Regardless of "playing time" means to the player in their first year, it certainly matters when they look at the depth chart and realize they'll probably not even play as a senior. Simply put, the more players a team has at a position, the less interest players at that position should be. A 5 star WR does not want to sign with a team for which he'll never play. He'll take an offer from a 4-star team in order to secure some sort of a future in college football.

These two things MUST be patched. They are by far the biggest bugs existing in the game right now.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Dynasty Mode: What needs patching

injuries. i want them to be realistic. as it is every game i play i lose a bb rb or wr
Old 07-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

A 5-star recruit isn't at risk of never playing for a team unless he plays for a team that is LOADED with MORE 5-Star recruits in the same position.

Even then... how can he risk not playing as a senior if none of the players on the current roster (except redshirts, which clearly aren't good enough to play in the current season) will still be on the roster when he is a senior?

And I get what you're saying about teams not targeting after they have X players at a certain position, but I don't think it's as simple as that. If a 2-star program and that has 4 SS, but there's a 4-star SS who is showing interest, they should pursue the 4-star SS as there's a good chance he's already better than the current SS and could be a 4 year starter. Moreover, when I recruit, sometimes I'd rather have, for example, a 4-star SS than a 2-star CB, then I just change the SS's position (depending of course on his man coverage rating mostly). DBs have a degree of interchangeability. So do LBs. And O-Linemen.

Using your rule, a team with just 2 returning offensive guards and 6 returning tackles would pursue just guards and not go after a tackle who may be significantly better at guard than any of the guards that team will get.

I think your rule can be applied pretty well to offensive skill positions, especially quarterback. But even here, I still think that weaker teams should pursue highly rated recruits that have a chance to start early in their career and be a 3 or 4 year starter. Especially because human players will use this strategy.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
injuries. i want them to be realistic. as it is every game i play i lose a bb rb or wr
Through 7 games in my online dynasty, I've had 4 injuries. I lost a safety for one drive, a running back for one half, a quarterback and a linebacker for one quarter.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Stat Banner. Triple what there is now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Progression is not the problem.

There are two major problems that need to be patched. If these TWO issues are fixed, Dynasty Mode will be in good shape.

* Teams must pay attention to their needs and their short positions. If a team already has 4 Strong Safeties, it should forgot targeting ANY more strong safeties. If a team only has 2 WRs, it should go after at least 4.

* Playing time is a pitch, but on top of that players should lose interest in any team on a weekly basis that have a plethora of players on the team. Regardless of "playing time" means to the player in their first year, it certainly matters when they look at the depth chart and realize they'll probably not even play as a senior. Simply put, the more players a team has at a position, the less interest players at that position should be. A 5 star WR does not want to sign with a team for which he'll never play. He'll take an offer from a 4-star team in order to secure some sort of a future in college football.

These two things MUST be patched. They are by far the biggest bugs existing in the game right now.
So are you confirming that to this point you have seen no problems with progression (specifically the awareness problem)
Old 07-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Injuries are great this year. Players get hurt in football, it is a tough sport. I have only had 1 injury in my Syracuse dynasty through 8 weeks that as more than 1 game. In my Penn St one I have 4 players hurt for 6+ weeks. I think it is great. It is how football works.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

When you create custom conferences there is no change in "conference prestige". I loaded the ACC with PSU, FLA, Bama, etc to see if it affected prestige and it didn't budge.

Also, when you move a team to their new conference their old conference patch is still on their jersey.

Progression needs to be bumped slightly.

Recruiting needs to be balanced, allow lowrated teams a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »