Home

Psychic playcalling is ruining Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Psychic playcalling is ruining Dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Psychic playcalling is ruining Dynasty mode

This is also bad close to the goal line. If you come out to spread the field near the goal line and call a run the D comes out in a goal line defense, but if you call a pass they will come out to defend the pass. I also notice this when the CPU is on offense as well. The offense 9 out of 10 times will come out with their strong side to the opposite side of where I call my defense. For example, if I call a Nickel with man coverage, the O will put their 2-3 receivers to the opposite side of the field so I will have to flip my defense and while my nickel corner is running to the other side of the field the CPU snaps the ball. I know that this can happen, but for as often as it happens it is more than just coincidence.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Inside the 5, just line up in goal line offense. Smashmouth football, may the strong line win.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

I play CPU vs CPU and all i need to do is look at the defense formation to know what my team called on offense. If I see them come out in Base D, I know my team is running the ball even if they have 3 to 4 WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #12
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I play on AA, with sliders set to make it more challenging, and have still noticed this a lot. This has been in the game for years and probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I've also noticed that on PA passes, the D blitzes 80% of the time, which makes PA passes almost worthless because odds are you'll get sacked by the time you can even finish faking the hand off.
Yeah, I too play on AA and I've noticed it a lot. I'm sure it happens on every difficulty level.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

The cpu isn't near as bad at this as they were on ncaa 10. 10 was unplayable b/c of this. I run a one back offense, and when I'm in trips or 4 wide with a running play called, the cpu is at least in a nickel. Now they may be bringing heat, but they are respecting the personnel- this is on heisman btw.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
The cpu isn't near as bad at this as they were on ncaa 10. 10 was unplayable b/c of this. I run a one back offense, and when I'm in trips or 4 wide with a running play called, the cpu is at least in a nickel. Now they may be bringing heat, but they are respecting the personnel- this is on heisman btw.
I see the same thing. I run the pistol 3 and 4 reciever sets 95% of the time. I always chose a pass play, 100% of the time, everytime. From there my first read is how defenders are in the box. If less than 6, I quick audible by press down and run up the gut, if the edge is open I audible to option on the corner. If neither is open then I proceed to my orginal pass play. By doing this the defense is always guessing. I play on Heisman and I do see heavy movement from them on adjustments but you can still fool them. I have multiple plays during a game where I will go with my up the gut run audible and they only have three dl in the box and everyone else in coverage and they don't adjust and I'll break a 30yrd run up the middle.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Inside the 5, just line up in goal line offense. Smashmouth football, may the strong line win.
Then I'm screwed, I'm playing with Duke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #16
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I mean, it's got to be insanely hard scheduling a competent play-calling system for the defensive AI, so the easiest thing to do is just let them know your play...
I strongly disagree with this. I mean, just look at the Madden system thats being implemented this year for the user... you have a set of plays in each formation that are available given the parameters (down/yardage/etc) and then one is picked so that the personnel matches up

each team has its own "personality" by the types of plays that are in each scenario type (and the % chance that they are called)

there is no need for the cpu to know if its a run play or pass play

heck, it shouldn't even be that hard to program a "smart" system... its as simple as logging the play type (keep it simple to things like deep pass, draw, screen, inside run, etc) where each time you call a play, it immediately effects the defenses play % (so if you call a long pass on 1st and 10 from a 3 WR set, the defense will bump up the chance they call a play to defend the long pass next time that scenario arises and a slight decrease to the other plays chance of being called... the deeper the game gets, the more the teams defense is effected by the users tendancy's)

I mean, how cool would it be to actually be able to set up the defense with a conservative power running game and then on 3rd and short in the 2nd half run a play action and have a chance to actually fool the defense and get a big gain

Last edited by bill2451; 07-22-2010 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »