Home

Moving back from Online to Offline Dynasty

This is a discussion on Moving back from Online to Offline Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Moving back from Online to Offline Dynasty

It really is quite upsetting to spend the first week of NCAA's release committed to an Online Dynasty -- only to hit the offseason of your first year and realize that you will have to wait 4 hours to advance through because of the 20 minute buffer online.

I understand the premise of the wait, but EA's developers should have thought through the dynasty wire updates or server updates before implementing the 20 minute wait. All I wanted to do was see my recruiting class, but with the way that the wait postpones things, I have decided to start over offline.

Just curious how many others have moved back to offline because they were being held back by the 20 minute wait.

I guess I just want someone to join the pity party because I was really invested into that first year... especially after I came back from 24-0 down in my bowl game to win 41-38. Heh.

Last edited by EvanRG; 07-22-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Moving back from Online to Offline Dynasty

I personally feel for these developers. Because of stuff like this, I will try my best to not have to go into game developing. People think something thats looks so simple from their perspective should be simple. A simple conceptual change on a database could last years.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 07-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

I really dont get the point of starting over? Maybe start an offline dynasty with another team and just advance when you can in your online one. They said they are reducing the 20 min time after awhile anyway.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I am studying Computer Science, so I understand the dilemma at hand, but there should always be options for the user. If someone doesn't want to use the web for recruiting or dynasty wire, they should be able to turn it off.

I just have never heard of making someone wait to play your video game. As cool as web recruiting and dynasty wire is, the developers should have understood the chance they were taking by essentially handcuffing the user during the off-season.

To the post about starting over. I am not deleting the dynasty, but I am essentially moving on to a new offline dynasty -- and assuming that the 20 minute wait is not reduced in the next week or two, then I will become more invested in the offline dynasty, thus making it useless to really go back and start with the other online dynasty. (except of course for the use of dynasty wire and online recruiting)
Old 07-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I am studying Computer Science, so I understand the dilemma at hand, but there should always be options for the user. If someone doesn't want to use the web for recruiting or dynasty wire, they should be able to turn it off.

I just have never heard of making someone wait to play your video game. As cool as web recruiting and dynasty wire is, the developers should have understood the chance they were taking by essentially handcuffing the user during the off-season.

To the post about starting over. I am not deleting the dynasty, but I am essentially moving on to a new offline dynasty -- and assuming that the 20 minute wait is not reduced in the next week or two, then I will become more invested in the offline dynasty, thus making it useless to really go back and start with the other online dynasty. (except of course for the use of dynasty wire and online recruiting)
There is a risk reward factor for everything. That is a lot of data to throw at a few (though I hope it will be more) unix boxes. They could lower the time (lets say 5 minutes) but if that would cause them to not allow everyone to be able to upload then we have another dellima where people arent able to upload their stuff.

If we remove features then people will say EA did a piss poor job. They are screwed either way

Oh and on a side note... good luck with comp sci. Once you get to the industry, most of what you learned in school will be near useless. Make sure you pick up some interesting research where you have to create some infrastructure. Understand Object oriented programming and you will go far. Oh and no methods or variables named a and getA... that will drive me to drink.... On second thought

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

swanny's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Hi NCAA Football fans,

We made several fixes to the servers that will improve performance of Online Dynasty during peak hours. For the subset of players that had trouble on the website accessing their dynasties or seeing old data, these changes should resolve the issues. If you have further issues accessing your dynasty on the web, please post the details to Hi NCAA Football fans,

We made several fixes to the servers that will improve performance of Online Dynasty during peak hours. For the subset of players that had trouble on the website accessing their dynasties or seeing old data, these changes should resolve the issues. If you have further issues accessing your dynasty on the web, please post the details [on the EA Forums - NCAAź Football Series Online Dynasty Web Support].

This server update also removes the 20 minute timer on week advance in Online Dynasty while you are in the off season. For other advances, the 20 minute time will still be in effect until we verify these server updates have had the desired effect.

We apologize for the server downtime this morning. A few of the optimizations took longer than we expected.

- NCAA Dev Team

This server update also removes the 20 minute timer on week advance in Online Dynasty while you are in the off season. For other advances, the 20 minute time will still be in effect until we verify these server updates have had the desired effect.

We apologize for the server downtime this morning. A few of the optimizations took longer than we expected.

- NCAA Dev Team
No more 20 minute wait in the off season...

Couldn't link above since I guess I haven't posted enough yet.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

I've moved back because it is so buggy. The game stats are garbage. Where's my rushing yards? I'm pretty sure I didn't have 31 first downs.

I have started three online single player dynasies and all three have I have ended bc stats did not upload. I never got a failure but my record, top 25 poll and team stats all would quit updating. My game stories and recruiting are up to date but the rest isn't.

That beta tag on the site is true. Online dynasty is not a feature is a community beta test.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Well after reading the post above mine I'll give it another shot. I love the idea of the online dynasty. I'm just ready for it to work as described. Hopefully the sever update they did will fix the issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »