Home

Alabama Overrated?

This is a discussion on Alabama Overrated? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #41
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Alabama Overrated?

The biggest problem with Bama's roster besides all of thier starters and a few backups being 90 or better overall is the fact that all and I mean all of thier starters have AWR ratings in the high 90's. I mean it is just flat out stupid for guys who are sophmores and didn't start at all as freshmen to have AWR ratings of 95 and the highest AWR ratings of all players at that position. Since When did Nico Johnson become not only the most physically gifted MLB in college football but also the most aware?? Last I checked he only made two starts and had only 27 tackels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9

Alabama has lost twice in my dynasty in roughly 20 games. Both were to me!

Just find it easy to play against them. On offense they like to pound the ball, and with my team thats pretty easy to stop. I get them into long 3rd downs, and spy their best receiver. Usually will sit in a man defense, press coverage.

On offense, I know they want to be aggressive so just run a lot of slants and screens. Build up and nail them with a bomb to the #2 receiver.

Ive dominated them twice.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

I mean are their ratings perfect? no...but Alabama's recruiting class rankings the past 5 years...11th, 10th, 1st, 1st, 5th. They are a massive team with freak athletes. The SEC is the only real conference in college football (mind you I went to an ACC school for undergrad and a Pac 10 school for graduate studies. I have no ties to the SEC I just respect the fact that they are essentially semi-pro teams. Saban recruits better than anyone else, and the game doesn't rank coach's skills (For example, Chris Peterson and Frank Beamer have the same offensive coaching ability, even though Beamer wouldn't know offense coordinating if it bit him in the backside). Until they can account for coaches' skill the better TEAMS will dominate. If all coaches were equal, Alabama would win 4 NC's in a row.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:05 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 2

Yes, overrated.
In year 1 of my offline dynasty. Alabama has 3 losses after 12 weeks and are ranked number 11.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #45
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoamChomsky
I mean are their ratings perfect? no...but Alabama's recruiting class rankings the past 5 years...11th, 10th, 1st, 1st, 5th. They are a massive team with freak athletes. The SEC is the only real conference in college football (mind you I went to an ACC school for undergrad and a Pac 10 school for graduate studies. I have no ties to the SEC I just respect the fact that they are essentially semi-pro teams. Saban recruits better than anyone else, and the game doesn't rank coach's skills (For example, Chris Peterson and Frank Beamer have the same offensive coaching ability, even though Beamer wouldn't know offense coordinating if it bit him in the backside). Until they can account for coaches' skill the better TEAMS will dominate. If all coaches were equal, Alabama would win 4 NC's in a row.
You're so right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #46
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Actually in one of my dynasties I did about 4 years into it, I don't remember Bama every winning the NC I know Texas was one of the teams, and OU I believe I saw once but never Bama, I wish I could go back and see who won them again but I already deleted that dynasty...but now I think I will experiment and see if this is true about bama
Old 07-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #47
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i played a friend over my house yesterday. he had alabama and i had fsu . the passing was easy to cover, but their running game is ridiculous both their backs break tackles at a high rate. i only lost by 14 cause i lost both my good backs and could really run. but man that team is good. especially their dline
Old 07-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 10

Year 1 in my offline dynasty:

Alabama loses NC to Ohio State 40-13. Ohio State scored 30 third quarter points and their kicker was player of the game (4-5 fgs). It looked as if McElroy was injured at some point in the second quarter because the backup had over 30 attempts. And I HATE Ohio State, oh well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »