Home

4-2-5 Defense

This is a discussion on 4-2-5 Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Cool Re: 4-2-5 Defense

No, it simply has the best counter to THE most prevalent part of the field to attack every year there has been internet console NCAA. The flats. Either by passing or outside running. 4-2-5 does the best job of getting out there. 85% of people do NOT try to take advantage of it's weakness. Inside running game. To counter inside running, you need SKILLFUL user control of your free-safety in the box. It's not automatic.
AFA blitzing goes it doesn't matter. There are plenty of effective blitzes & an infinite amount of workable user made blitzing, extending to nano blitzing in every defensive play book.

4-2-5 will likely continue to be the best defensive playbook until there is a new game engine OR until the general offensive attack plan changes. It's REALLY not likely to change in the next few years so. offline whatever. online 4-2-5 = best chance @ winning!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 4-2-5 Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
^^^^ this meaning.... it's cheese???
I don't consider that cheese, because it's quite easy to exploit a player that brings the safety up into the box to stop the run (especially if he controls and has him overly commit to the run side), as his defense essentially becomes a cover 0. I'm blanking on the exact name of the play (I think it's called PA HB wheel), but it's essentially a PA blast that sends the HB up the seam after his fake...if the opponent committed to the blast with the in-box safety, there will be nobody there to stop the HB. Cheese cut.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme
No, it simply has the best counter to THE most prevalent part of the field to attack every year there has been internet console NCAA. The flats. Either by passing or outside running. 4-2-5 does the best job of getting out there. 85% of people do NOT try to take advantage of it's weakness. Inside running game. To counter inside running, you need SKILLFUL user control of your free-safety in the box. It's not automatic.
AFA blitzing goes it doesn't matter. There are plenty of effective blitzes & an infinite amount of workable user made blitzing, extending to nano blitzing in every defensive play book.

4-2-5 will likely continue to be the best defensive playbook until there is a new game engine OR until the general offensive attack plan changes. It's REALLY not likely to change in the next few years so. offline whatever. online 4-2-5 = best chance @ winning!
My point is, you're worried about winning ranked online games. You are a douche and the definition of cheese. You have no idea how the game really works and instead base everything you do off the flaws of a video game.

If not cheesed out, the 4-2-5 could be used in a decent manner. That's not the case with you though. You'd rather glitch your way to online fame. I'm sure you were Vince Young and picked Texas back when he was in the game because it was the best way to win. What a douchebag.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

I haven't used the 4-2-5 this year but with the improved blocking nanos are like so silly to consider using as your base defense this year because they are reliant on poor blocking which has been improved this year

also the 4-2-5 is NOT a garbage defense
point in case the BEST defense statistically last year in the NFL the New York Jets used the Nickel Odd Split which is essentially the 4-2-5 but not every down of course

my point is unless you are cheesing with the 4-2-5 in a way I don't even know is possible this year vs correct blocking/ slide protections then this defense is very viable

now I believe that in both the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 the base 3-4 and 4-3 respectively are in both playbooks so if in trouble vs the run you can use those along with Bear formations and Goalline if necessary

now I'm not a cheeser but the 4-2-5 seems alright based on the blocking I've seen this year
yes the pressure can be intense but that's why it's so successful when executed to perfection

the REAL reason those teams you listed don't make the switch to those defenses is because they don't feel the need to switch their base defense and they're comfortable with what they got going on along with the fact changing systems requires overhaul for players already there and all teams play Nickel defenses eventually when the passing games becomes too much for base run D personnel

just saying 4-2-5 is to be appreciated if you can make it work
please provide multiple videos on how "CHEESY" the 4-2-5 is where the offense is totally without ANY options to beat it

try it vs the Heisman CPU and cheese them and provide videos of how cheese the 4-2-5 defense is

otherwise stop bashing EA who has many issues but the blocking looks better this year and should not be criticized in that regard without proof
Old 07-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #21
MattUMD224

OVR:

its the only defense to run ONLINE.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #22
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerunhittas
I haven't used the 4-2-5 this year but with the improved blocking nanos are like so silly to consider using as your base defense this year because they are reliant on poor blocking which has been improved this year

also the 4-2-5 is NOT a garbage defense
point in case the BEST defense statistically last year in the NFL the New York Jets used the Nickel Odd Split which is essentially the 4-2-5 but not every down of course

my point is unless you are cheesing with the 4-2-5 in a way I don't even know is possible this year vs correct blocking/ slide protections then this defense is very viable

now I believe that in both the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 the base 3-4 and 4-3 respectively are in both playbooks so if in trouble vs the run you can use those along with Bear formations and Goalline if necessary

now I'm not a cheeser but the 4-2-5 seems alright based on the blocking I've seen this year
yes the pressure can be intense but that's why it's so successful when executed to perfection

the REAL reason those teams you listed don't make the switch to those defenses is because they don't feel the need to switch their base defense and they're comfortable with what they got going on along with the fact changing systems requires overhaul for players already there and all teams play Nickel defenses eventually when the passing games becomes too much for base run D personnel

just saying 4-2-5 is to be appreciated if you can make it work
please provide multiple videos on how "CHEESY" the 4-2-5 is where the offense is totally without ANY options to beat it

try it vs the Heisman CPU and cheese them and provide videos of how cheese the 4-2-5 defense is

otherwise stop bashing EA who has many issues but the blocking looks better this year and should not be criticized in that regard without proof
I didn't bash EA, in fact I said it seems to be improved, but there are still issues. I won't totally bash them because it's likely impossible to get a football video game to work flawlessly. However, the idiots who constantly defy the fundamentals of football need to wake the hell up. I've tried to show that I understand a time and place for the 4-2-5. I understand it is pretty much the Nickel big-time programs use and the nickel in the game is a little too stripped down.

I'm mainly saying that it is abused way too much and too many people obviously don't get it. That's all I'm saying.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
There's a reason LSU, Bama, or any top team doesn't use it. Because it's ineffective IRL

Bull, TCU uses it, they're a top team, their defense is ranked top 5 basically every year, including top 1 I believe 3 out of the last 5 years. TCU runs an extremely complicated version of the 4-2-5, where the 5 DBs are seperate from the front 6, there's basically two defensive players calling seperate plays for each portion, and sometimes they also split the DBs up, one side will be in zone the other in Man to man.

So don't pull out that crap about the top teams not using it, or it not being effective.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

I totally agree man
these guys are just simply brainless
no respect for football in it's true form not the abusive ways they play people online in the name of getting their rank up
they are without class for sure lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »