Home

Auto Sprint Or Not

This is a discussion on Auto Sprint Or Not within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you use Auto Sprint?
Yes, I use auto sprint. 46 63.01%
No, I like to control my runner with the sprint button. 27 36.99%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Auto Sprint Or Not

Auto Sprint and Auto Strafe for me.

Great control of my player, and the physical attribute ratings come in to play the most.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

Its unclear to me what autosprint does precisely. My feeling is that it's as if you always have the right trigger pulled; that autosprint is essentially "always sprint". Others think the CPU, based on the circumstance, chooses when it is appropriate to sprint.

I have mixed feelings about it. I think it makes manual catching easier, but I like running better with it off.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbc72
What is the Right Trigger on PS3? That is the sprint button on the 360, I would assume it would be the same on PS3... or similar.
It is R2 on the ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Can this be turned off for ranked games online?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:23 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I loved it at first but i went back to the old school. I want that burst as soon as i get it now since i landed a 96 speed 98 acc guy in recruiting.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:01 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

With auto sprint on I think the left stick is like a throttle. So if you push the stick all the way up I think its full speed. But like someone else said when you sprint the defense gets a "key" on the runner they kind of burst speed then too, I think anyway. I have it on but im debating.

Also, sprint seems like a very minimal difference from normal running anyway. Go into practice and put just the offense on the field, then spot the ball back at about the 10, run and then sprint and kind of mess with it until you score. Then replay it, it isn't that much more then normal run speed but it is a small boost.

Last edited by Cito2009; 07-24-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #15
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
so if it's on, can you still manually press it or is it inactive? like with auto pass on, if i call a play the qb will throw but i can take control at any time.
The sprint button is inactive. If you have a running back that has 95 speed, he will still be able to explode and run away from people with that speed. The only difference is you don't need to hold a button. He will get go from 0-60 based on how high is acceleration rating is.

As Cito said, the left stick is kind of like the throttle. I know that Ian on the Madden team said that it is pressure sensitive. I'm assuming it's the same thing for NCAA. I'm loving it so far. The only thing I'm trying to get down is on defense; my player will stay in a strafe, even when I'm trying to sprint with a receiver longer than I'd like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
The sprint button is inactive. If you have a running back that has 95 speed, he will still be able to explode and run away from people with that speed. The only difference is you don't need to hold a button. He will get go from 0-60 based on how high is acceleration rating is.

As Cito said, the left stick is kind of like the throttle. I know that Ian on the Madden team said that it is pressure sensitive. I'm assuming it's the same thing for NCAA. I'm loving it so far. The only thing I'm trying to get down is on defense; my player will stay in a strafe, even when I'm trying to sprint with a receiver longer than I'd like.

I was messing with the strafe on auto, if you are chasing a player up the sideline and you are in the strafe mode, hit R2 on the ps3 and hold it. It makes the player go into a straight run, then you can let it go and it will strafe again. Try it in practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »