Home

Too many injuries?

This is a discussion on Too many injuries? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #17
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Too many injuries?

i think the amount of injuries is fine, I'm perfectly happy with it. The thing I don't like is that they always seem to be long. Year 1 of my USC dynasty, 3 weeks into the season I had Matt Barkley, Allan Bradford and Shareece Wright out for the entire season. On top of that, Dillon Baxter for 4 weeks and Armon Armstead for 6
Old 07-24-2010, 12:43 AM   #18
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

I find this thread funny. I have played through year one of two dynasties and I have yet to lose any of my players for more than a week.

I literally had not seen a major injury in any of my games until I blew out Toledo in the GMAC Bowl with Cincinnati (9-3 season and I end up in the GMAC bowl.. Weird, and my third loss came because of a sim accident and autosave on. Needless to say, no more ****ing autosave.)

That game I broke their starting TE collarbone. If it wasn't the end of the season, he would have been out for the whole dang thing.

Yeah, I don't see a difference in injuries at all. I see some small ones in the game and I have had players put out for a game but nothing significant in two years of Dynasty.

Can't help you on this one.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #19
Rookie

thunt52's Arena

OVR: 1
The injuries are spot on...I think this aspect is the most improved on the game this year...it actually pays off to have depth now...recruiting is more important than ever...depth has never mattered in the past...i just wish they notified you better in game...
Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 AM   #20
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunt52
The injuries are spot on...I think this aspect is the most improved on the game this year...it actually pays off to have depth now...recruiting is more important than ever...depth has never mattered in the past...i just wish they notified you better in game...
Exactly.. I mean, just read this thread. A lot of people are getting a variety of results... which is a good thing... A really good thing actually. Great job EA!!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-24-2010, 03:56 AM   #21
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemooses
It seems as though they have really increased injuries for this year. One aspect I really like is the increased amount of small nagging injuries leaving players "Questionable" and "Probable" for a few weeks. However, I've also noticed many more serious injuries as well. In my Wisconsin dynasty Clay and Tolzien are out for the year, I know Clay has a history of injuries but I didn't think he would suffer anything that bad.

I would love an Injury slider, to help adjust for inflated injuries, anyone else?
I think it has a lot to do with the tackling slider,but that's just a theory.If it's too high more injuries,too low no injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #22
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

It is the injury rating players have......across the board people have injury ratings in the low 90s and high 80s. There isn't a a starting QB or RB that don't have an injury rating between 88 and 94 in this game. That is why every game either the RB or QB gets hurt
Old 07-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #23
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Injuries are fine. Players with low injury get injured more, higher injury less. One full season deep with BC and started my second. Only two major injuries:

HB (starter) out for 8 weeks with a strained back
ROLB (starter) out for 6 weeks with some shoulder injury

The rest of the injuries were only for a quarter here and there and a couple for one full game.

Catamount said it on the first page, but it does seem if you put a less talented school up against a powerhouse than the small school can get rocked pretty bad. I took out 3 players from Kent State in one game (one long term) and 2 from an FCS squad for long term (one season ender when I crushed their wide out coming across on a post pattern... never heard the footsteps lol).
Old 07-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #24
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

I think injuries are done perfect. Like people have said, you will see more small injuries that only last a quarter or a few plays. That is how real football is. In my Cuse dynasty I am going into the last game of the season and have only had one long term injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »