Home

Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits

This is a discussion on Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
How would you get the ball to the player if he can't get open and can't catch?

I agree that you should look at the things that are more important to you, but why would you want to not even look at the overall?
Because the overall rating is misleading and hardly tells the whole story.

There are usually players on the default rosters and almost always players in the recruits that are far more dangerous than their overall rating would have you believe. Especially on offense.

For example, Syracuse has a WR who is rated like a 66 overall, but he is a true freshmen with 77 THP, 77 THA. His throwing stats aren't that far behind the real QBs on the team, yet he's got WR speed. He's an ultra-versatile player, and while you can't do too much damage with him as a freshmen, redshirt him, and by the 5th season as a redshirt senior, his overall still may not be that good, regardless of what position you play him in, but play him right and you should be able to post big numbers with him.

For me, I plan on using him as my Wildcat back.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #18
MVP

Also, by the way, changing positions is great.

Turn a speedy HB into a WR. He already has the juke/breaktackle/etc stats. If you recruited him as a HB and immediately change him to a WR, he'll TRAIN as a WR and improve the stats that WRs need.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #19
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

The simple fact is that there will never be a Jeremy Maclim, Desean Jackson, Ted Ginn, Percy Harvin type player in your dynasty EVER....

There won't even be moderately agile players like Crabtree or Dez Bryant.

Stupid. Unrealistic. Must be patched.

This is why I love the Madden hand made rookies. This crap doesn't happen.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #20
MVP

Well, for one, in offline dynasties, you can create recruits.

And...why not try taking the advice that has been offered in this thread?

Go after to ATH that look like HB/WR hybrids. Recruit a HB with good speed (and WR size) and change him to a WR. Sort your players by the stats you want and put those players in. If you pass to a wide open WR, he'll catch the ball.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

I think the low agility ratings for WR and RBs is a bigger problem. Even alot of the top players at those two positions don't have great agility ratings.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #22
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

Go after to ATH that look like HB/WR hybrids. Recruit a HB with good speed (and WR size) and change him to a WR. Sort your players by the stats you want and put those players in. If you pass to a wide open WR, he'll catch the ball.
What about the CPU teams. Still a problem

Old 07-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

Why is everyone so determined to defend what is clearly a flaw?

If this is the game working as designed, that is one thing. It clearly isn't. Of course we're trying workarounds, but if everyone just shut up and was complacent with the problems in stats and progression this year, there'd be no improvement at all.

EA doesn't release many patches for their games, so you have to get it all and fixed ASAP.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #24
Rookie

blazinsmokey's Arena

OVR: 0

I know what you guys are talking bout but I'm still in my 1st year in dynasty. I believe you guys think that the top 5 recruits(WR) should be able to be very agile to match their speed. This obviously is not the case and it shouldn't be either. You have your gems here and there.

As I recruit right now I'm having a hell of a time finding any 'A' speed guys with 'B' or higher agility. I see some secondary guys with it but thats about it as far as positions. Going to athletes and sorting by speed and scrolling down to find ur matching agility is alot easier, granted alot of the info makes it seem as they are going to be defensive secondary guys. I have found some gems in there tho. At least I hope from what I see now.

Here's my logic to get what you want. Hopefully they still allow us to change player positions in the offseason(?), praying. I've done this my whole NCAA Football career back since 2004 on the original XBOX. Recruit powerbacks throw them in FB for a year red shirt them and they will get better. Pick up slower WR with high strength and on the heavier side and have them red shirt under TE. Looking at players for specific positions you always gotta think about players at other positions who can be suitable to play others. Height, weight, and strength. I always look through my defensive secondary for guys that can catch, if it's high enough I'll move them to WR. WR tend to be harder to find then DBs.

There are many many things that we can do on our own until a fix is out. Don't hold your breath. High school kids aren't automatically going to play the same position in college. Use this to your advantage. I've created some awesome and monstrous DE with OLBs. I've even found a small DT that could block and was faster then most linemen for some reason and made him my FB. It was awesome. Athletes, redshirting, changing player positions are your friend, use them. Not every true freshman can be super duper, hell maybe a handful like 25 in the whole country and that accounts for all different positions. Don't hold me on that as I made it up but it sounds right. Look at the NFL draft every year. 2nd rounders are usually lacking in something and usually need serious work in a certain area.

Things probably need to be tweaked. But don't let the capabilities of being a creative coach get in the way of playing a good game. I'm sure EA will patch and scale some things in most gamers favor. I honestly don't mind a challenge when creating a team. Those are some ideas that can help you manage your team better and create a team that YOU like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »